Is my Busa supposed to suck this much gas?

260 kilometer/hour = 161.55651 mile/hour (mph)  
You should be able to get upto around 297kph (185mph).  The only thing that I can think of is the K&N filter.  Someone told me that if you change the filter out but don't get the computer remapped you might be running a little lean.  If this is the case then that might be holding you back.  Ask around and see if anyone else has heard this.
Where do u guys get the mpg from? i normally dun get my rpm more than 4k when i do my riding as for the k&n i only put it in last week and i yet to see any different. normal before the needle hit the red zone wat is the distance can the tank make it if let say easily riding of rpm not more than 4k? And wat is the amount of fuel left starting from the red zone to the end where the tank is left with nothing.
First of all I'm stupid.
down.gif
For some reason I thought part of your post was about top speed. That is what I was talking about when I said it might be running lean. Sorry
Anyway if you are getting 260KM out of a tank of gas that is about right. I normally get 160 to 180 miles on a tank.

When you push the botton for your odometer it should show how far you have gone and if you hit it again it should show your fuel consumption. I don't know if it will but I don't know way it wouldn't.
Again sorry about the confusion.

Well its ok, btw thanks for yr infor on my question i ask. So btw if say my tank before it touches the red zone with 260km wat is my avg of mpg?

smile.gif
For conversions, 1kilo = .6214miles, 1liter = .2642gal, so 1k/l = 2.35mpg. Multiply your k/l reading by 2.35 for mpg. By the way singbiker, do you still get taxed by the engine cc? If so, you've got one hot bike! (I made a few trips there for a work project a few years ago. Tried to rent a bike but it didn't work out)

smile.gif
For conversions, 1kilo = .6214miles, 1liter = .2642gal, so 1k/l = 2.35mpg.  Multiply your k/l reading by 2.35 for mpg.  By the way singbiker, do you still get taxed by the engine cc?  If so, you've got one hot bike! (I made a few trips there for a work project a few years ago.  Tried to rent a bike but it didn't work out)
yup when i brought the bike i was been told tat my bike have to tax by the custom as i parallel import the bike as the agent in singapore dun bring in the full 03 black edition. btw thanks for the conversion table.

I was just out cruising 100miles today and averaged 41mpg at easy highway speeds of 60-75mph (along with a few 'yipee' runs). I agree with jwcfbd that 30 is a little low unless you've been really enjoying the throttle a lot
biggrin.gif
I know there may be a lot of intersections where you are riding, so mileage would be lower. I'd say keep revs between 2.5-3.5krpm when you are just cruising. What is the current fuel price there? I bet you are one of the few with a busa--cool!

I was just out cruising 100miles today and averaged 41mpg at easy highway speeds of 60-75mph (along with a few 'yipee'  runs).  I agree with jwcfbd that 30 is a little low unless you've been really enjoying the throttle a lot
biggrin.gif
I know there may be a lot of intersections where you are riding, so mileage would be lower.  I'd say keep revs between 2.5-3.5krpm when you are just cruising.  What is the current fuel price there?  I bet you are one of the few with a busa--cool!
1L = S$1.408. yup proud to own a busa in singapore.

Well, can anybody beat this mpg?
(Ignore the silly fuel guage, fill the tank to the brim, ride, then fill the tank to the brim to get the fuel used)

I was in France last summer leading a bobohead of a friend who let his tyre get down the to the metal cords, so very slowly.

I did 64.7 mpg (Imperial) which is 54.0 mpg (US)
That was <3000 rpm for 180 miles.  I don't think I hit 60mph.  Talk about boring.  Talk about never wanting to ride with him again.

But right now, I'm averaging 31.0 mpg (US) as it is cold and I'm also doing shorter rides.

Funnily enough, the very same Sunday riding through France, Luxembourg, Belgium and back into France, another tank managed 203 miles between fills.  Not many fuel stations open on a Sunday, so I was riding on fumes (according to gauge) for what seemed like an eternity.

Steve
'03 All black.

Back