Bursig Paddock Stand. Never going back to my Pit Bull

get a tlr100r 2003...last year they made em....omg i miss mine. torque enough to beat a busa off the line wheelie machines. Quite heavy like the busa though. handles like the bus too.

As for that stand screw that 800 bucks for a bike stand is absolutely absurd. They built the damn stand for 100 bucks max and have a 700 dollar mark up.

So can we expect 2 see a pic of a TLR 1000 on that stand next Six? :please:

:laugh:

6p2vh.jpg

Definetely let us know about a cheaper alternative. Who from, because black widow doesn't list anything for a busa?

. Sometimes you pay for the name, other times there is simply no substitute for a specific tool, if one is even available.
Bottom line, if you work on enough bikes, cars, junk, whatever, you eventually just bite the bullet and pay for the tools that make life easier.:beerchug:

Dang sixpack, I couldn't agree with you more. I finally bit the bullet and bought a blow up doll to replace wife number nine. It was a tough decision but it made life so much easier and the money was indeed well spent.

Problem was, I bit her on the neck and she blew out the window! :shocked:

My friends tell me it was a waste of money but I don't agree. :dunno:

So can we expect 2 see a pic of a TLR 1000 on that stand next Six? :please:

:laugh:

Depends on what I find and when.
I think I can get a friends 05 gsxr1000 for $3500, which is of course is lighter, quicker, and handles better...but I still want a TL. After 5 years of owning heavy bikes, I kinda want to go back to a lightweight gsxr.
We'll see.
I sold my 4runner a month ago, bought a like new '12 Corolla(gas mileage), then bought a friends '98 F-250 4x4 the next day...instead of the last TL I saw(need a 4x4 truck or suv).
So tryin to save money and keep looking til I find something I just can't refuse.
I ride all year, but the older I get I do less cold weather riding. Cold, sanded/salted roads have no traction for fun rides anyway. And I borrow someone's bike when I'm between bikes and wanna ride, so no rush:laugh:

Depends on what I find and when.
I think I can get a friends 05 gsxr1000 for $3500, which is of course is lighter, quicker, and handles better...but I still want a TL. After 5 years of owning heavy bikes, I kinda want to go back to a lightweight gsxr.
We'll see.
I sold my 4runner a month ago, bought a like new '12 Corolla(gas mileage), then bought a friends '98 F-250 4x4 the next day...instead of the last TL I saw(need a 4x4 truck or suv).
So tryin to save money and keep looking til I find something I just can't refuse.
I ride all year, but the older I get I do less cold weather riding. Cold, sanded/salted roads have no traction for fun rides anyway. And I borrow someone's bike when I'm between bikes and wanna ride, so no rush:laugh:

I owned an '05 1K and a '99 TLR. Of the two I miss the TLR. The '05 1K was tiny. I mean tiny.

Question. I've watched the video and it shows the bike already vertical before lifting, so will it pick it up from sitting on the side stand? Otherwise if i need another person to hold it upright I might as well stick with a rear stand.

Question. I've watched the video and it shows the bike already vertical before lifting, so will it pick it up from sitting on the side stand? Otherwise if i need another person to hold it upright I might as well stick with a rear stand.

Nope one person operation.

750 K6 600 Paddock Stand for Superbikes by Bursig.com - YouTube[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
That's fine for a 350 pound 750 but holding a busa upright with one hand is another story. Maybe I could sit on it to position the stand. Thanks for the reply Big E.

That's fine for a 350 pound 750 but holding a busa upright with one hand is another story. Maybe I could sit on it to position the stand. Thanks for the reply Big E.

Sounds like you could use some Hans and Franz... :laugh:

original.0

well from watching the video its obvious that its very well made and easy to maneuver. with that type of leverage system I don't see it being an issue to lift a Busa vs. a smaller bike. same difference. the extra weight won't matter.

wud b nice to hav in my garage to move the bike around. lookn forward to the review on the cheaper version.

It's a one man job. I walk up to the bike with the Bursig and put the kickstand up as I stand the bike up. Since the bike is straight up and down, there is no weight. Just a matter of keeping the bike balanced as you slide the Bursig stand onto the bike. Pull the handle down and the bike will go up till the safety pin locks the bike in place, both wheels off the ground. Of course, the first time I used it I wasn't so sure myself and had my son stand on the other side just in case.

Here ya go. ZRX1200 dry weight 489 lbs

ZRX 1200 01-06 Bursig Paddock Stand by Bursig.com Zentral Stand - YouTube[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
I have seen guys drive up to their stand and attach the Bursig stand while sitting on the bike. Then get off the bike and raise it. The most common in the paddock is for another rider/helper affix the Bursig as soon as they roll into the pits, just like with regular stands. Hey, if I can do this from a wheelchair or using crutches with one leg (other leg still broke, non weight bearing), there should be no doubt that it is an easy stand to use. On the same note, I was also able to use my. Pit Bull stands while injured too.

You and me both. I don't understand why motomfg, black widow and another one I found don't have Hayabusa adapter plates, But I know a good machinist and fabricator so we will figure it out.

Back