Bursig Paddock Stand. Never going back to my Pit Bull

Dookoo

Registered
B9F736A1-716A-4BA1-8C9C-A8D2F0DD660E.jpg

If you have not invested in a set of rear stands or just wish to make working on your bike easier, the Bursig stand may be for you. I just put one together for my S1000RR and it sure makes working on the bike a breeze. Both the front and rear tires are lifted off the ground and the casters makes for effortless moving of the bike. It is an investment being close to $700 (Stand, locking caster wheels and adapter plate for your bike of choice) but there are also less expensive competitors (Motomfg and Black Widow stands). I've dropped my Busa in December when I didn't get the the Pit Bull stand properly aligned with the right spool and the bike fell on its side. Minor damage but it pissed me off. I've got more than $800 invested in various stands before the Bursig. Had I purchased the Bursig first, life would have been so less complicated. I just ordered an adapter plate for my Busa in preparation to put it all back together later this year. It is definitely an investment I should have made much earlier.

I've had a Bursig for a couple years now and I agree, best stand ever.
I hated to spend the cash on it, but have absolutely no regrets after getting it.
You may want to look closely at the mounting locations between the 2 bikes. Some bikes are very similar, and it's easy to make a new lower pin on the lathe(or have a machine shop do it if you can't).
I traded my gen2 Busa for a B-King. All I had to do to make the Bursig stand fit the B-King was to turn the lower pin(which is basically just a hardened bolt half threaded anyway)down to a smaller diameter on the lathe. That or buy a new headstock for $150 from Bursig, no thanks. Had I kept the Busa and the B-King I could've just bought a bolt and cut some of the threads off too, and still used the stand for both bikes.
You can't do this for every bike, but it's likely all you need is another lower pin, not the entire headstock. Check it out before you spend the money.
I sold my B-King a couple months ago and am undecided between a TL or Gsxr1000 right now(night and day but I like em both).
From what I've seen all need is to make another lower pin for either bike too.
No bike at the moment, but no way am I selling my Bursig stand!!!:beerchug:

Hey Six if I was you I'd get the TL1000R :thumbsup:

It's getting harder and harder 2 find one in great condition unmolested but I you do I'd jump all over that!! Theres a ton of mods 4 em just like the busa and those dual pipe V-twin growl is unreal! Gsxr 1000's are a dime a dozen :whistle:

I've spent the last 2 weeks looking at this type of stand!!! Bought an SUV and since I only have a 1 car garage, is too tight for the new car, bike, front and rear stand and my tools. I just think this thing is WAAAAAAAAAAYYYY overpriced! :down: I even went to the site and put everything in the "shopping cart" but, couldn't bring myself to hitting the "place order" button.

By the way.... I called motomfg a few days ago and never heard back from them. They don't have a stand listed on their site for the busa.

Sixpack, thanks for the heads up on the Walter plate. I'm calling Maxmoto this morning to cancel the order for the adapter plate. You're right, a simple bit of machining may be the answer. Thanks.

Sixpack, thanks for the heads up on the adapter plate. I'm calling Maxmoto this morning to cancel the order for the adapter plate. You're right, a simple bit of machining may be the answer. Thanks.

Love those stands!

And SixPack, if you don't buy a TLR I'm not talkin' to ya anymore. :laugh:

Sixpack, thanks for the heads up on the Walter plate. I'm calling Maxmoto this morning to cancel the order for the adapter plate. You're right, a simple bit of machining may be the answer. Thanks.

Yes sir:beerchug:

Hey Six if I was you I'd get the TL1000R :thumbsup:

It's getting harder and harder 2 find one in great condition unmolested but I you do I'd jump all over that!! Theres a ton of mods 4 em just like the busa and those dual pipe V-twin growl is unreal! Gsxr 1000's are a dime a dozen :whistle:

Yep, I've ridden all the gsxr1000's except the 13/14, and owned an 02. I still want another.
I haven't ridden a TL in over a decade, but I really liked riding them.
I've seen 3 at good prices that looked in good shape recently. I let a 97 TLS with 10k original miles get away too, second owner...and $2500 obo. I really want the TLR though. And the TL just doesn't have the gsxr acceleration, but it is torquey and is like few, if any, other bikes to ride.
We'll see, still looking.

Love those stands!

And SixPack, if you don't buy a TLR I'm not talkin' to ya anymore. :laugh:

I'm really leaning towards one. Only been wanting one for 15 years or so, now might be the time.:laugh:

OP, sorry, threadjack over.

I've heard decent reviews on the motomfg and Black Widow stands. Can save hundreds of dollars over the Bursig. Another way to look at it is that with the Bursig type of stands, I can work on the front or rear suspension. I never really liked hanging the Busa from a cherry picker everytime I wanted to take off the forks to work on them. I suppose it makes a bigger difference if you plan on doing a lot of work on your bike on your own. Hybrid stands work ok for the front suspension but no such stand for the rear. Good tools are an investment. I already know this is a good one. Especially when I can lift my bike while still on crutches.

I've heard decent reviews on the motomfg and Black Widow stands. Can save hundreds of dollars over the Bursig. Another way to look at it is that with the Bursig type of stands, I can work on the front or rear suspension. I never really liked hanging the Busa from a cherry picker everytime I wanted to take off the forks to work on them. I suppose it makes a bigger difference if you plan on doing a lot of work on your bike on your own. Hybrid stands work ok for the front suspension but no such stand for the rear. Good tools are an investment. I already know this is a good one. Especially when I can lift my bike while still on crutches.
I don't have any doubt its a great bike stand and well built but $800 for a bike stand that got about $40 worth of material and certainly not all that complex is laughable!

id rather make my bike faster then drop $800 on a bike stand but two each his own. ppl spend $4000 on Cf rims to go a 1/10 faster so pick ur poison I guess....

GNBRETT, I hear ya. I paid over $100 less than the cost you mention but regardless, I even balked at the price. I got by for decades with $65 stands. I was able to purchase the Bursig stand with the little extra I got back for the bike portion of my insurance settlement. I just happened to have the cash burning a hole in my pocket and I pulled the trigger. However, as much as I like to work on my bikes and having used the stand, it is worth the money IMO but not a necessity.

I just happened to have the cash burning a hole in my pocket and I pulled the trigger. However, as much as I like to work on my bikes and having used the stand, it is worth the money IMO but not a necessity.
yea believe me I've burned more then one hole in my pocket building my bike so I hear ya on things I don't NEED vs those I WANT. it is a sweet piece NO DOUBT.

I sat on my Busa and B-King, while they were up on the Bursig stand, and had a friend push me around, spin and shake the bike.
If it was going to fail I didn't want any suprises. Of course anything can happen at any time, but it gave me a lot of confidence that the Bursig would hold up to whatever I needed it to do.
The Bursig makes setting suspension sag and making fine adjustments so quick and easy. Stand goes in, up, measure, down, adjust, done, repeat, ect. Tire changes, very fast.
I've been using a swingarm and front forklift stand(lifts under lower triple clamp) for many, many years.
Those work great, but my back and knees can do without that whenever possible.
I'll never get rid of those stands either as I still use them on bikes other than my own.
People may not like the price of the Bursig(I didn't), but it was the first of it's kind. It's German made and so as you'de expect, excellent quality. It makes working on any bike so much quicker and easier.
I have a large Craftsman toolbox with mostly Craftsman tools...but there is also a lot of Snap-on and Mac in there. As most of you know those are expensive too. Sometimes you pay for the name, other times there is simply no substitute for a specific tool, if one is even available.
Bottom line, if you work on enough bikes, cars, junk, whatever, you eventually just bite the bullet and pay for the tools that make life easier.:beerchug:

SDC10378.jpg

014.jpg

Back