Bursig stand, busa adapter plate?

Klutch556

Registered
Has anyone been able to get an adapter plate for their bursig stand in the past couple years?
I bought a stand off RevZilla and quickly after a rep from bursig called me and said hey, we drop ship for RevZilla, you will need and Hayabusa adapter plate to use that stand. Do you want to buy one? I was like hell yea man, good looking out! He said it was backordered and would be a couple months, cool.

That was October 2020....
About 8 months later I contacted them wondering when it would show up. They said it was on the ship headed over from Germany and gave me the cargo ship id to track the freighter it was supposed to be on. It was supposed to dock in a US port in a week.

Around a 6 months later I contacted again and they said Germany had been shut down due to covid and offered to refund the cost of the plate... $120
I'm like man unless you're gonna refund the $600 I spent on the stand too, that ain't gonna help me none.

So here I am... 5 months away from 2 years of waiting for this adapter plate.

Has anyone gotten one from them? Did my order just slip through every possible crack? Does anyone know where any of those plates might be in stock? Does anyone want a brand new bursig stand for their other non busa bike? Lmao

Has anyone been able to get an adapter plate for their bursig stand in the past couple years?
I bought a stand off RevZilla and quickly after a rep from bursig called me and said hey, we drop ship for RevZilla, you will need and Hayabusa adapter plate to use that stand. Do you want to buy one? I was like hell yea man, good looking out! He said it was backordered and would be a couple months, cool.

That was October 2020....
About 8 months later I contacted them wondering when it would show up. They said it was on the ship headed over from Germany and gave me the cargo ship id to track the freighter it was supposed to be on. It was supposed to dock in a US port in a week.

Around a 6 months later I contacted again and they said Germany had been shut down due to covid and offered to refund the cost of the plate... $120
I'm like man unless you're gonna refund the $600 I spent on the stand too, that ain't gonna help me none.

So here I am... 5 months away from 2 years of waiting for this adapter plate.

Has anyone gotten one from them? Did my order just slip through every possible crack? Does anyone know where any of those plates might be in stock? Does anyone want a brand new bursig stand for their other non busa bike? Lmao
When was the last time you contacted them?? At this point they should be refunding you at least half if not the full cost of the stand just for them not reaching out at this point. If u can find someone here that has one and they could get dimensions of the adapter my business partner is a machinist by trade and I'm sure I could get him to try to make one if we can get everything he needs.

@klui also seen a post from @sixpack577 where he was able to convert his adapter from his busa to his b king pretty easily so maybe you could find an adapter that's used on ebay and make something work. That just really sux and just one more thing I'm over with all the covid bullish.

@klui also seen a post from @sixpack577 where he was able to convert his adapter from his busa to his b king pretty easily so maybe you could find an adapter that's used on ebay and make something work. That just really sux and just one more thing I'm over with all the covid bullish.
I wish I knew the dimensions of the busa one. I'd buy a different one to convert in a heartbeat. Lol

Can you post a picture of the top of your Bursig stand?
Did you get the sleeve that threads on in place of the engine mount nut?(probably not).

IMG_20220515_181757.jpg

There is a flat plate with several threaded holes, plus 2 threaded pins that can be moved to different locations on that plate.
I can take pictures later.
2 pins, 1 sleeve, and 1 plate would not be cheap to have a machinist make, but they are not complicated either, a lathe, bandsaw, drill press, and tap are all you need.

you're my hero brother! I actually happen to be a machinist, those dimensions are all I need <3
I’m glad that helped. I’ve seen some simplified versions of this plate using what looks like a 2 or 3 inch flat bar with 3 holes. One for the pin that slides into the swingarm bolt hole, one for the pin that slides into the sleeve that’s added to engine bolt and one in the center for the bolt that secures it to the stand itself. Maybe that would be easier to make since mine seems to have been made for several different applications.

Edit:

Added picture of the other plate style I’ve seen.

DF06EE4D-BA92-4407-BAD8-60A87232AA28.jpeg

So I contacted bursig again and asked them to buy back my stand as well as refund me for the adapter plate. They said, "sorry man, you bought the stand from revzilla, but I do have a hayabusa kit, just waiting for the plate. I should have one next week".... i'm like dude... seriously? Then he offered me a refund and to send me the plate.

Update!
The plate finally arrived! 1 year and 9 months after I ordered it. Lol As for the refund I was also promised? They can keep that poop, if it takes this long to get a chunk of angled steel and 3 bolts, I can't imagine how long a refund is gonna take lmao. But don't take my bitching as a negative towards the company. The fella I dealt with, Patrick, was incredibly pleasant to deal with. Even contacted me when I first ordered the stand through RevZilla to ask if I had already gotten the adapter plate, which I had no idea I needed. Then a few weeks later he hit me up again to let me know it was gonna be like 6 weeks in the plate and offered to refund everything then as well. The waiting was entirely my decision as he offered 3 more times to refund the plate costs. But I already had the stand, so... May as well wait it out. Now to get it all installed :)

Back