Gen2 Bursig stand

sixpack577

Top Gun
Donating Member
Registered
I got the Busa Bursig stand today, and I'm very happy with it. I have no video as of yet, but plenty of pictures. I can assure you it lifts the Busa as easy as the GSXR in the video on their website(link below).
It takes less pressure on the Bursig handle to lift the Busa than the force needed to lift the Busa on a rear swingarm stand.
It moves around on the casters with ease, again just like the video.
I sat on the bike with it lifted up(I'm 175lbs)and it's extremely strong and stable.
I did not know until I recieved the lift that you must add a sleeve to the upper engine mount bolt for the upper pin on the stand to fit into. I removed the upper engine mount bolt and put it back in from the opposite side of the frame. Then instead of putting the stock nut on, the Bursig sleeve is threaded on instead(I put some locktite on it).
I have 4 friends with the Gen2 Busa also and was hoping to be able to use it on their bikes as well. I'll get some more sleeves if any of them would like to be able to use the lift, and don't mind the sleeve mounted on their bike. The sleeve is not in the way of your leg either.
The stand itself is the same for all bikes, but the plate with the pins is different per bike(some models and years share the same pattern).
The front wheel is currently 3" off the ground, and the rear is 5". This can be adjusted by the paralell threaded rod above the pins. I'm going to shoot for the opposite, 5" front and 3" rear, or there abouts. At least to get the front high enough to roll the front wheel out without removing or loosening the front fender.
The top pin on the plate is fixed, the lower is adjustable. It is extremely difficult to line it up to tighten it down by yourself. The slightest side to side tilt throws off the alignment, as it must be near perfect. An extra set of hands balancing the bike will make it easy. This is only for the intial adjustment too. After it's tightend down you simply roll the stand next to the bike and slide the pins into the holes, then push down on the handle and up it goes(again, just like the video). The kickstand must also be up as it will hit the center leg of the stand when you roll it underneathe the bike.
The threaded rod on the end of the handle is adjustable so you can roll the stand against the upright bike with the plate in it's lowest position, or where you prefer it.
Overall it is an excellent idea and design. It will make removing wheels and forks even easier. Suspension/sag adjustments can now be done in seconds. As opposed to the forklift front stand, and lowering the bike onto jackstands off the swingarm stand with a 5/8" rod through the lower engine bolt hole.
I may even start cleaning my bike now:laugh:
Here's the bad part, I'm ashamed to say it cost me $700 to my door. I really, really hated to spend that, but the stand has met my expectations. I'm very happy with how well it works, and how little effort is needed to lift the bike.
Just putting my bike on my old stands really bothered my back, the Bursig has eliminated that, and that in itself is worth it to me.
I have quiet a few pics to load, and the org as of late has only been letting me load one pic per post, so give me a few to get them all up.

Paddock Racing Stand Suzuki GSX-R 1300 Hayabusa 2008-2010 SH-8

SDC10378.jpg

Man that thing looks great. I am glad you got it. Hey about loading the pics. Go to the advance post and you can up load more then one at a time. It works great om my Mac

Upper pin sleeve that replaces the nut, and bolt is put through from the opposite side.

SDC10355.jpg

SDC10360.jpg

SDC10364.jpg

Looks very functional. Great find!

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

The round knob on the back of the plate is a spring loaded pin. When you lift the bike all the way up it pops in and locks the stand in the lifted position. The hole in the black part of the frame above it is where it locks into.
To lower the bike you just put slight pressure on the handle, pull the knob out, and the bike sets down smoothly and easily. It is not a hard drop, or that you're supporting 550lbs on one arm at the handle.

SDC10367.jpg

The handle looks much closer to the tank in the first picture than it actually is, there is plenty of clearance.

SDC10373.jpg

SDC10374.jpg

SDC10375.jpg

It's a neat idea and being made in Germany is a plus. How stable is it really? Does bike wiggle on it?
Does it feel like its gonna or could fall over to the right side? Seems like with just one wheel on that side it could tip that way? I can't believe you sat on it while bike was up. Thats gutsy.
Need a closeup pic of the bracket or plate thingy you have to mount on bike.

The paralell threaded rod adjusts the heighth of the front vs. rear of the bike. You can have the bike level, or the front or rear higher than the other.
Top right is the fixed pin that fits into the sleeve on the bike.
The large bolt head in the center is what bolts the Busa plate(or whatever bike you have)to the stand itself.
The lower left pin is what is adjusted by nut on the back, to make for perfect aligment of the two pins into the bike.

SDC10369.jpg

The threaded rod on the end of the handle(on the very top right of the stand)is also adjustable.
This is so you can roll the stand against the bike and the pins will go right in, without having to move the handle up or down for the plate to line up. It just makes things easier.
That's all the pics, and as with anything German made I've ever seen, quality and function are excellent.
I'll try to get a video at some point, but as I said the GSXR in the video goes up and moves about just like the Busa. What you see there is exactly what the stand does, even with the much bigger and heavier Busa.
I'm amazed at how simple it is and how well it works.
Bursig makes great stuff.
The stand came from MaxMOTO distribution - Remus Sport Exhaust
They are in Emeryville CA, as far as I know they are the only U.S ditributor, and their customer service is excellent.:beerchug:

SDC10365.jpg

Man that thing looks great. I am glad you got it. Hey about loading the pics. Go to the advance post and you can up load more then one at a time. It works great om my Mac
I've been trying Doug, it looks like the org is finally working right for me now!

Looks very functional. Great find!

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk
Another org member posted up about having one for his GSXR back in April, so the credit goes to him(I'll have to search for who it was)I've been trying to afford it ever since.

It's a neat idea and being made in Germany is a plus. How stable is it really? Does bike wiggle on it?
Does it feel like its gonna or could fall over to the right side? Seems like with just one wheel on that side it could tip that way? I can't believe you sat on it while bike was up. Thats gutsy.
Need a closeup pic of the bracket or plate thingy you have to mount on bike.

It is extremely stable, I pushed, pulled, shook, spun, sat, and did everything I could think of to upset, tip, or displace it...nothing. It's not going anywhere. I was extremely impressed.
The factory nut is removed from the throttle side of the bike, the bolt is pulled out from the other side and then put back through from the throttle side.
Instead of putting the factory nut back on you just thread the gold colored sleeve on in it's place, very simple.

SDC10356.jpg

SDC10360.jpg

SDC10358.jpg

SDC10363.jpg

Back