Pitbull hybrid stands

ZeePopo

Registered
I'm thinking of getting one of these pitbull hybrid stands. Does it interfere with the fender or bodywork? I know on some bikes it does. Redoing front suspension and the headstand lift option comes handy since the bike will be up for a few days.

The couple non-pitbull ones I have tried front fender removal is necessary or you would scratch it. The pit one I cant comment on. Since I had to use my stand for many different bikes I went with one of these...

stand a.jpg
they do not look as sturdy as some,but they work. They are hinged,so the first step is inserting the pin in the bottom of the triple tree (mine came with 5 pin choices in different diameters) for multiple apps. They seem awkward the first time,but do work. Care is still needed as Busa's are tuff to lift. Once a pin is in the bottom of the triple tree,clearance between stand and fender is a few MM's.
I always lay a towel across mine. Green shows what I mean about the hinges and the removalable pin for tree diameters. The pit I've shown...

pit stand.jpg

adjusts up or down but has no hinges. The generic one is half the price of a Pitt.
I'm no hack @ZeePopo ....I'm very handy with tools....

hammer time.JPG

I had that bulb changed in no time.

Here's the stand I'm talking about in use on my old '09. I trusted it.

lifted.JPG

I'm not just another "Grease Monkey"....

monkey works on motor.jpg

Rubb.

ZeePopo, where do you live? I have one available cheap. It's basically brand new, used it once. My bike is super low and it doesn't work for my application.

Side note: I know that chimp, that's Twitch. He's pretty cool. He would come to all the ADRL races back in the day. His owner is/was a Pro Nitrous racer. Good times!

ZeePopo, where do you live? I have one available cheap. It's basically brand new, used it once. My bike is super low and it doesn't work for my application.

Side note: I know that chimp, that's Twitch. He's pretty cool. He would come to all the ADRL races back in the day. His owner is/was a Pro Nitrous racer. Good times!
Dm sent

The couple non-pitbull ones I have tried front fender removal is necessary or you would scratch it. The pit one I cant comment on. Since I had to use my stand for many different bikes I went with one of these...

View attachment 1627318
they do not look as sturdy as some,but they work. They are hinged,so the first step is inserting the pin in the bottom of the triple tree (mine came with 5 pin choices in different diameters) for multiple apps. They seem awkward the first time,but do work. Care is still needed as Busa's are tuff to lift. Once a pin is in the bottom of the triple tree,clearance between stand and fender is a few MM's.
I always lay a towel across mine. Green shows what I mean about the hinges and the removalable pin for tree diameters. The pit I've shown...

View attachment 1627319

adjusts up or down but has no hinges. The generic one is half the price of a Pitt.
I'm no hack @ZeePopo ....I'm very handy with tools....

View attachment 1627320

I had that bulb changed in no time.

Here's the stand I'm talking about in use on my old '09. I trusted it.

View attachment 1627321

I'm not just another "Grease Monkey"....

View attachment 1627322

Rubb.
Wow that is a tight fit.

Nice monkey BTW :)

Back