pitbull rear-forward stand, anybody using one?

hemi

Registered
what are the major benefits of the rear pitbull stand with forward handle. I have the normal pitbull rear stand, is the forward handle one much better, easier and more secure lifting the bike solo? Think it would be worth purchasing it over the normal pitbull

Better stability when used SOLO: one hand holding the handlebars, other hand on the rear half of bike, the foot can step on handle to lift. With no handle sticking in back, less space used too.
P.S. I do not have these stands:( pretty sure owners will chime in soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
if it's much easier lifting the bike solo maybe i will consider buying one. I have the bike on the stands all the time, and sometimes it can get a little tricky if i lose my balance or don't have a good grip on the heavy pig:laugh:

It is pretty easy to use. I stand on the left side of the bike, reach across to cover the front brake lever with my left hand, and push the handle down with my right hand. There's a lot of stability in this because if the bike starts to lean away from me, I can easily pull it back with my left hand. If it leans toward me, my leg is against the left fairing, so no big deal.

IMG_1872.jpg

That is what i have and i love it. And also once you get it hooked on your spools the faster you lift the easier it is. Make sure you have it lowered all the way down also, And your back tire will still be off ground plenty.

I have one and I like it alot. Nice for putting up solo. After you put the bike up on the stand by yourself a couple of times you'll figure out the leverage and there won't be anything to it. I line it up on the spools, grab the left bar with my left hand, put my right foot against the pitbull stand wheel to keep it from rolling forward, then use my right hand to push downward and a little forward on the handle and jack it up. :thumbsup:

Those are really nice but I have 2 of the original stands and don't, cannot , want to replace them.
I guess I'll just continue to struggle. :whistle:
Been doing it for years so I have a good routine and have never had a problem(knock on wood).

Those are really nice but I have 2 of the original stands and don't, cannot , want to replace them.
I guess I'll just continue to struggle. :whistle:
Been doing it for years so I have a good routine and have never had a problem(knock on wood).

same here, been using the standard pitbull for a few years without a single issue so far. Have come close a few times putting it on the rear stand in the driveway to wash it, bc the driveway is on a slight angle. Might just pick one up today

the only benefit is that with the forwarding facing stand the arm isn't sticking out for you to trip over. I've never had a problem getting a bike on either kind of stand but I've lost count how many times I've tripped over the arm on the regular rear stand. Same goes for the front stand. It would be nice if they could do the same setup for the front stand and tuck the arm in.

Since I hurt my shoulder, I found that my forward handle stand takes a good force to use. I now run the rear tire up on a 2x6 plank, laying flat, to lift the bike some. It takes a lot less effort to get the bike up on the stand this way.

Last edited:
I have both Pit Bulls for the rear, the forward handle and the normal rear lift. Got a great deal on the front and rear after I already had the forward handle.

Since I got the rear handle Pit Bull, the only time I use the forward handle is when I am removing the rear tire.

My two cents...​

I have both Pit Bulls for the rear, the forward handle and the normal rear lift. Got a great deal on the front and rear after I already had the forward handle.

Since I got the rear handle Pit Bull, the only time I use the forward handle is when I am removing the rear tire.

My two cents...​

so comparing the two, is the forward handle much easier to lift the bike than the rear facing handle. Does it take a ton of effort to lift it like people are saying. With my rear handle stand, it does take quite a bit of effort to lift it, but i never have a problem. Still thinking about it, just don't want to buy it and realize my regular pitbull is easier to use and less risky for a devastating drop

read your post wrong, are u saying the rear facing handle (normal) is much easier to use than the forward facing handle

I like the rear facing stand because I can keep the kickstand down while lifting. I like having the added safety just in case she slips out from under me.

Back