Adapter plate T25 to T3 Flange options

chowda633

Registered
Sry have not been on in a while bike has been in Maine getting rebuilt, painted, powdercoated, and streched.

Well its time to pick it up!

Issue I am having is with the turbo setup. I have a MC Express Stage 2 kit. Fully built motor etc. Turbo is blown. I bought it that way intending to upgrade right away.

After looking at the options I found out that it uses a T25 or T2 flange on the manifold and there is turbos made with the T2 flange on them up to around 30R's but the other issue is fitament. Aparently with the manifold and the 15T (turbo that comes with the kit) it tends to sit right against the block and going to a bigger turbo is going to cause issues anyways.

On ebay though they sell a adapter from T25 to T3. It also extends the turbo downwards more from the manifold. This way I many more turbo options and save a bit on buy a brand new turbo for 1300+.

Other option is to rebuild the 15T but the center cartridge is destroyed.

End of year goals require a turbo much bigger than the 15T anyways. I plan to upgrade part way through the year but i just want to get the bike up and running by spring and by that point it will come to just swapping turbo's and turning up the boost. Motor is fully built to handle anything and I am running a full mini squirt system using a WBO2 and a few other tools to self tune itself via a palm.

Let me know what you guys think and options I have as far as turbo's and this flange issues. Looking for the most cost efficient way at this point.

Thank you,
Josh

there are many different options with the T2(T25 flange)
as well as there are cheeper options for turbos besides the DBB turbos
the plain bearing turbos are a far cheeper option they just spool a touch slower

the flange adapter could work but id be a little cautious with it

another option is cutting the flange off and welding a new flange on the header??

there are many different options with the T2(T25 flange)
as well as there are cheeper options for turbos besides the DBB turbos
the plain bearing turbos are a far cheeper option they just spool a touch slower

the flange adapter could work but id be a little cautious with it

another option is cutting the flange off and welding a new flange on the header??

That might be an option too removing the old flange and attaching a new one question is will it destroy the integrity of the header? I can get turbos cheap thats not the issue, but they come in T3, T4 and Mitsu flanges not T25. Hard to find a used T25 flange around. Other issue is the way the manifold is designed I am not sure if it will allow for a much larger housing that what is on there already due to its design. I just need to get the block back and get a actual physical look at how close the manifold puts the current turbo housing to the block.

Does anyone have any pictures of a kit with this turbo on the block?

Back