Gen2 Bursig stand

Im going on 2.5 years with my Bursig. I love it because i can flip my bike around in my tight garage. All you need space is the width of the bike only to make a uturn.
Its super stable too, you can just stand on the right peg jumping up and down and nothing, super stable it'll never tilt over!!

I like it........still prefer front and rear stands for work right under the motor or side work like front sprocket chain installation. That would be my first choice for a stand to do it all though.

Anyone know the company that makes a similar product with hydraulic lift? It was very expensive but could lift the friggin bike up to chest level----you could rotate the thing for and aft almost 90 degrees. Cool but pricey.

I like it........still prefer front and rear stands for work right under the motor or side work like front sprocket chain installation. That would be my first choice for a stand to do it all though.

Anyone know the company that makes a similar product with hydraulic lift? It was very expensive but could lift the friggin bike up to chest level----you could rotate the thing for and aft almost 90 degrees. Cool but pricey.

I think your talking about the Abba Skylift.

Definitely sounds like the Abba. Looked to be a bit more fiddly than the Bursig to setup for lifting when I was doing my research, but overall also more versatile. I'll probably grab one myself whenever I start getting more "involved" with my tinkering (and have a garage that I can setup appropriately for a potential fall-from-height), but for right now the ease-of-use of the Bursig is what I was after.

Whenever I'm an Abba and Bursig owner (probably some time next year) I'll try to remember to do a comparison of function. Though in my head, I see myself probably using both for different things.

Yeah, the Abba was the one I was thinking about. Looks like it is only available in the UK. The bursig looks like it would be more reliable for holding the bike. I hear the strap works fine for Abba stands but a second pin would be much preferable. I'm pretty sure I saw a similar stand where they demonstrated changing the angle of the bike while both wheels were off the ground. It was very expensive though.

Yeah, the Abba was the one I was thinking about. Looks like it is only available in the UK. The bursig looks like it would be more reliable for holding the bike. I hear the strap works fine for Abba stands but a second pin would be much preferable. I'm pretty sure I saw a similar stand where they demonstrated changing the angle of the bike while both wheels were off the ground. It was very expensive though.

They've got a US website as well now I believe. It's actually only a more expensive than the Bursig stand by a fairly inconsequential amount as well assuming what I saw during my research wasn't a promo deal of some kind.

I think I may have seen a stand similar to the Bursig but it lifted the bike almost to chest level and seems to me I saw the bike get tilted forward and back while lifted. Then the guy rolled the stand into a corner with the bike about 4 -5 feet off the ground. This was a couple years back. The cost was well over a grand if I remember correctly. It was not the ABBA. It was a silver colored stand. Doesn't matter, I won't be dropping a thou on a stand any time soon.

Back