Pit Bull stands & license plate relocator....

nychris

Registered
I bought a pair of Pit Bull stands from one of the sponsors for my 02' Busa.   The bike has a license plate relocator where the plate is vertical to the left of the back tire.    I can't get the rear stand in place with the license plate here.   Has anyone else run into this problem?   Is there any easy way to remove the license plate frame for the winter while I keep the bike up on the stands?

i dont have the pit bull stands, i dont have a problem with the ones i use, got a picture of the stand beside the bike ?

Your answer is no there is not an easy way to get that license plate thing off unless it is on the side that the axle nut is on. Which pitbull stand do you have? Are you using spools or swingarm pads? If worse comes to worse you can put a bottle jack under your rear shock (wonce youtake the belly wing off) then remove the axle put the bike on the stand, then when you put it back together Either put the axle in the other way or move your plate to the right were the axle nut is. Then next time you can just take the nut off and do your thing.

We need PICs to figure this one out.
lurk.gif

(nychris @ Jan. 30 2007,22:44) I bought a pair of Pit Bull stands from one of the sponsors for my 02' Busa. The bike has a license plate relocator where the plate is vertical to the left of the back tire. I can't get the rear stand in place with the license plate here. Has anyone else run into this problem? Is there any easy way to remove the license plate frame for the winter while I keep the bike up on the stands?
Show me the side view of the plate and swing arm (Right Side) please!

I uploaded the pic.   I took this pic while strattling the bike and holding the stand in place.    It just doesn't seem like it will fit.   If you try to fit it, it just scratches up the stands on the bottom of the plate.     I think I need longer stands....from the spot where the plate is hitting to the end is only about 8 inches.

I had another set of stands before the Pit Bulls and they worked okay, but I sold them when I got the PB's before trying them out.   Here's a link to a pic of the old stands:

Link no longer works

stands_plate.jpg

I had the same problem, on my 06. Putting my bike on the stand became a 2 person job.
SHOCKED.gif
If someone holds the front of the bike, you can get it on the stand but the plate will gouge the stand. To do this hook the right spool in and with both hands push down as the bike goes up and back onto the stand the left spool will sit into the holder. But you have to have someone holding the bike while you are doing this, cuase you will be to busy making sure everything lines up. After a few months I got tired of this routine, so I got a new tag relocator that moved the plate to the passenger peg. Good luck.

So I'm SOL? Are there PB stands that are longer that would work here? I'd rather not move the plate, too much work!

Back