bucking in second gear?

well, if Busa owners are gonna speak out about it....this is where it can happen. I sure woulda signed. I think about it all the time. I always have to make sure i'm not in 2nd gear coming out of turns cuz it could easily cause me to spill.

it did it to me yesterday in second gear and 4th gear. could it be the clutch that is slipping and then grabbing again? because last ngiht i was cruisin down the highway and got on it in 4th gear and it did it to me again at 9500 rpms

[QUOTEI'll sign it!

just got finished replacing mine...same problem [/QUOTE]

how much did it end up costing you?

well the suzuki shop would not warrenty it...

And I'm forever broke $$

so I did it all myself

cost me around 300 for an uder cut tranny
65 ish for shift fork
my shift drum looked fine so I didnt replace it

then the gaskets... less than 100

while i was in there i removed the secondary counter balancer

now if I can just get the starter to engage...

If you can afford a pro to do it ...then do not diy

I spoke with a suzuki rep and they told me to take it to a dealership and have them look it over. if it was found that it wasnt user error, they would cover it. I always use my clutch and I dont race my busa. and shes 100% stock with main't records and 4500 miles on her.

my bike would do that in the higher gears like 4th and 5th at WOT around 9k rpms till my redline, it would feel like its slipping and cutting out, turns out it was my clutch...

fix it yourself, cost me $550 4 gears 1 shift fork and saels/gaskets get a repair manual you will be all set.
beerchug.gif

well it does it in second and 4th and wen i put a light rider in it. it didnt happent o him so im assuming its the clutch

(mike04busa @ May 21 2007,10:08) fix it yourself, cost me $550 4 gears 1 shift fork and saels/gaskets get a repair manual you will be all set.
beerchug.gif
Hey can you post pics of the repair. This is a standard problem with Busa's. I have the same problem in 2nd I just run it until the jolt then switch gears...NCpanther01.//

(NCpanther01 @ May 21 2007,21:25)
(mike04busa @ May 21 2007,10:08) fix it yourself, cost me $550 4 gears 1 shift fork and saels/gaskets get a repair manual you will be all set.
beerchug.gif
Hey can you post pics of the repair.  This is a standard problem with Busa's.  I have the same problem in 2nd I just run it until the jolt then switch gears...NCpanther01.//
I did not take pictures, If you know anything about mechanics, (I'am not telling just anyone to try this themself) make sure you are comfortable with tools, get a hanes manual, it is pretty good.all the gears I replaced were on the output shaft, look at all the engaging teeth on the gears to make sure none are rounded, shift forks are a good idea also.If I do another one I will take pics. once the eng. is out. any local takers need a hand ?? bring the bike over with your camera and we could fix it and set up a fix post.

(NCpanther01 @ May 21 2007,18:25)
beerchug.gif
Hey can you post pics of the repair.  This is a standard problem with Busa's.  I have the same problem in 2nd I just run it until the jolt then switch gears...NCpanther01.//
I took pics when I did mine

ill throw together a how to

like mike04busa said this is not the recomended route for someone with out tools and motor knowledge

Well Speak of the devil. Heres my sequence of events. My busa was bought in Oct 2006 1st bike ever. So you can imagine how i babied it for quite some time. Had my 1st service done by the dealer. Well at 3850 Miles I did my own oil change. I went to the dealer and bought oil and a Suzuki filter. (They gave me honda 10w40) Dont know if that makes a difference but anyways. I put  maybe 100 Miles on or so and no problems. I just got my swing arm tag holder and I put it on. I didnt have the manual that comes with the bike so just by looking at the bike it seems i didnt have to adjst the chain if i only loosen the Axle nut and slide the tag holder on the right side then retighten. I have never done it before and as i said i didnt have the manual. Could I have overtightned the axle nut or did the chain require adjustment even though i only loosend the nut. Could it be the oil? I dont know since im fairly new at this. Then it happened last night(same day i put the tag holder on).  Just filled my bike up with gas. Started driving then it jolted on a turn seemed like the tire broke loose like I ran over some gravel or something like I chirped gears almost. Then it did it again but it was only in the higher rpm and under heavy load. (light load it did notn seem to do it. I thought maybe I put to much gas and the breather was geeting clogged but it did it later on also and only in 2nd gear it seems. I will do more testing later. I have not been drivng the bike very hard and never raced or anything. Never launched hard from a dead stop. If this is a consistent tranny problem It is a Hayabusa DEFECT!!! And needs a recall or something. Believe me they will fix it or take the bike back. I will print everey topic about this and send it to them.  Florida also has a lemon law against defective vehicles. Also Companies hate when you get BBB get involved beacuse they have to follow up with the issue no matter what. It is completely stock except for appearance mods. I have never shifted with out the clutch either.

CAN SOME ONE PLEASE ELIMNIATE THE POSSIBILTTY OF THE CHAIN TENSION AND AXLE NUT PROBLEM SO I KNOW IF I SHOULD TAKE IT IN. ALSO SHOULD I EVEN MENTION I DID THE OIL CHANGE OR JUST SAID I DID NOT DO IT YET?

O YEAH AND IT IS A 06 LE

(magus @ May 22 2007,07:36)
(NCpanther01 @ May 21 2007,18:25)
beerchug.gif
I took pics when I did mine

ill throw together a how to

like  mike04busa said this is not the recomended route for someone with out tools and motor knowledge
Hey thanks and I'm standing by!!!...NCpanther01.//

yeah jus replaced the clutch tonight. it was bad anyways but i figured i would give it a shot. tranny is def shot. anyone in the jersey area know how to take these apart and fix em? let me know
guns.gif
TRans

UPDATE! Just brought it to the dealer. They said yes it is the transmisson and they want permsion to tear it down for $300.00. So if Suzuki said they wont cover it i have to pay the $300.00 if I dont have it fixed. They also said suzuki will sometimes come out there to look at it. He said they might not warranty it. They had a service bulletin that they showed me that said gsx-R customer complaining of 2nd gear slip under heavy throttle most often not a defect but poor riding. Sometimes confused with some type of surge. BS!! They know there is a problem. Any way they said my bike is stock so I should be fine. But there is a chance that it wont be covered. We really need to get something together on this against Suzuki.

"2006 busa with 1800 miles on it. for some reason in the top of second gear at about 9000 to 9500 rpms i feel a bucking feeling. it jerks the whole bike really bad. has anyone every had this problem before or would know wat it could possibly be? thanks "

DO you have a Powercommander on it? any aftermarket stuff? I put a powercommander on mine and without putting the right map on it it ran like crap, bucked in high RPM's around 9,000. Put the right map on for my settings and it runs like a top.

(Cadillac94Pimpin @ May 24 2007,13:56) UPDATE! Just brought it to the dealer. They said yes it is the transmisson and they want permsion to tear it down for $300.00. So if Suzuki said they wont cover it i have to pay the $300.00 if I dont have it fixed. They also said suzuki will sometimes come out there to look at it. He said they might not warranty it. They had a service bulletin that they showed me that said gsx-R customer complaining of 2nd gear slip under heavy throttle most often not a defect but poor riding. Sometimes confused with some type of surge. BS!! They know there is a problem. Any way they said my bike is stock so I should be fine. But there is a chance that it wont be covered.  We really need to get something together on this against Suzuki.
either way they are going to replace it with a stock tranny...which will last you how long?........

buy an undercut tranny and save down the road

warrentys realy suck these days....my dodge ram is a POS had to fight the warrenty beast on it too
rant.gif

Back