SECOND GEAR JERK UNDER ACCELERATION

SKILLZ

Registered
I was wondering if anyone has ever ran across their bike jerking in second gear when rolling on the throttle. Its almost like the chain slips a tooth(but the sprockets and chain are fine and thats not it) I rode with a passenger yesterday and it did it worse it seems.... Any ideas??? This is on my 06' LE, 3k miles.

Trans will need to come apart. 2nd gear jumping out - alot of that going on around here........

1 Hope you have warranty
2 Hope that Suzuki honors it.
mad.gif

When it is rebuilt, have the gears under cut.
Someone will chime in here who has gone thru this I'm sure.

(guido4512 @ Jan. 08 2007,08:37) Trans will need to come apart. 2nd gear jumping out - alot of that going on around here........

1 Hope you have warranty
2 Hope that Suzuki honors it.
mad.gif

When it is rebuilt, have the gears under cut.
Someone will chime in here who has gone thru this I'm sure.
I think i have a couple of months on the factory warranty... It is a year correct?? Is there a limit on miles?? I am going to make an appt tomorrow with the dealer here....

How bad is the jerking?? I have felt and heard a 'click' noise when I get on in but never anything bad...

(TurboSN95 @ Jan. 08 2007,09:05) How bad is the jerking?? I have felt and heard a 'click' noise when I get on in but never anything bad...
Best way I can explain is like the chain slips a tooth.... It normally does it once but this weekend with a passenger it did it worse.

Had the 02's tranny rebuilt at 50,000 miles because of this. Mine was covered by the extended warranty.

Look at my "2nd gear costing me big" topic.... Get ready for a fight with Suzuki. Also started on my 06' at about 3k miles. Suzuki wont cover it.

guns.gif
 Suzuki warranty

This is Bs
more and more of us are having the same issue with the same gear! (mine too)

has anyone thought about a pettition to suzuki

if everyone from here and the otherboards sighned it may at least get something fixed for the new busas so no one else goes through this

reminds me of a very similar situation with the '01 Yamaha Raptor.... and I think enough people made a stink that they fixed it.

(VegasBusaGreg @ Jan. 09 2007,21:51) Look at my "2nd gear costing me big" topic.... Get ready for a fight with Suzuki. Also started on my 06' at about 3k miles. Suzuki wont cover it.

guns.gif
Suzuki warranty
My bike is exactly like yours.... I read your topic... Makes me want to get rid of mine now.... Just pisses me off because this was the exact bike I have always wanted, and now this BS...
guns.gif

guns.gif

(SKILLZ @ Jan. 10 2007,09:42)
(VegasBusaGreg @ Jan. 09 2007,21:51) Look at my "2nd gear costing me big" topic.... Get ready for a fight with Suzuki. Also started on my 06' at about 3k miles. Suzuki wont cover it.

guns.gif
 Suzuki warranty
My bike is exactly like yours.... I read your topic... Makes me want to get rid of mine now.... Just pisses me off because this was the exact bike I have always wanted, and now this BS...  
guns.gif
I am not a cool headed type of person. I have the factory warranty and if my SH!T breaks down like you guys are having problem with, Me and my little buddy GLOCK will be making a personal visit to the dealer where I bought the bike... one thing I will not overlook is getting screwed by someone that took $12,300 from me and tells me that the bike is FULLY covered under the "FACTORY WARRANTY" and then going to tell me that Suzuki is not going to cover it.. BULLS!IT..

guns.gif

I talked to (Tejas Motorsports) out of Houston first, and they said they had an 06 busa in there with 2nd gear issues right now.... I asked him if they were going to warranty it, and he told me to call back in a couple of hours, that he had to call the manufacturer, and that it would be up to them, and that he didnt know.

I talked to another dealer out of Houston (Richmond Suzuki) this morning and we talked for a while. He said he has yet to have any come in with the second gear problem. He is a Suzuki dealer only and said he had a really good relationship with the manufacturer. Said "If there is anyone that can get it warrantied then I can" ...... Made me feel somewhat better....

So I will keep you guys updated.....

Compared to my last few bikes this thing has had it easy. You get locked up here if you get caught doing 200 kmh (125 mile/hr). So i went to a circit to do it leagaly. Always used clutch, no first gear corners anyway so only downshifting back to second, not sure you can do that without clutch anyway. Apart from the odd traffic light drag (not too many people want to race you on a busa !) shes been baby'd. I do a lot of 2 up touring also so id hardly call it rider abuse. Im no Valentino, plenty of guys ride harder than me. Its all very disappointing

Took my bike to the dealer on Saturday, and he told me that if he couldnt get the factory to cover it then worse case it would cost me $1,000 for parts and labor to replace 2nd gear. He is a Suzuki only dealer and only works on Suzuki bikes. They are going to get the motor out on Tuesday and let me know how it looks.

Back