SECOND GEAR JERK UNDER ACCELERATION

I'll have to find my repair ticket and post it up, mine was covered under my extended warranty no questions asked.

My 2nd gear is doing that too. I was told by Suzuki I could take it to an "Authorized Dealer" and have it repaired. If they find my Dog Fork is faulty then they will pay for it. If it shows it was not then I pay. I was quoted $1,000 to $1,500 to have the work done.  The dealership I took it to thought it was the clutch. I paid out of my pocket $350 to have that repaired just for it to be continuing.  I wonder if we could all get together and get them to fix our bikes. I can't take the risk in taking it to a dealership at that cost when I know a mechanic that would charge me $650 to $850 to do it.

Man O' man! I'm really worried now! Do you experience a jump while accelerating in second to about 60-70 mph? My bike jumps then, I guess it was telling me to go into third!!! Any words?
rock.gif

Picture_004.jpg

it feels like a slip, high rev, then catches again. It only does it in 2nd gear.. watch it, Mine does it about 4k rpms then keeps doing it as I try to stay in that gear. Once I get past 2nd everything is fine.

(NCpanther01 @ Jan. 29 2007,19:28) Mike 77u, what year is your bike?  Because that sounds just like what I'm having!!!  Do you know the cause!!!
It has been happening sense atleast 02.

(NCpanther01 @ Jan. 29 2007,16:59) Man O' man! I'm really worried now! Do you experience a jump while accelerating in second to about 60-70 mph? My bike jumps then, I guess it was telling me to go into third!!! Any words?
rock.gif
No word on mine as of today, but the best way I know to explain it is it feels like the chain is slipping a tooth. It did it worse with a passenger. Prob about mid way thru second gear is when mine was doing it. Mine is an 06' limited with 3k miles.

(SKILLZ @ Jan. 30 2007,07:28)
(NCpanther01 @ Jan. 29 2007,16:59) Man O' man!  I'm really worried now!  Do you experience a jump while accelerating in second to about 60-70 mph?  My bike jumps then, I guess it was telling me to go into third!!!  Any words?
rock.gif
No word on mine as of today, but the best way I know to explain it is it feels like the chain is slipping a tooth. It did it worse with a passenger. Prob about mid way thru second gear is when mine was doing it.  Mine is an 06' limited with 3k miles.
Gunnybusa, bruh since 02
rock.gif
Has anyone tracked or fixed the cause themselves?

rock.gif

(NCpanther01 @ Jan. 30 2007,13:53)
(SKILLZ @ Jan. 30 2007,07:28)
(NCpanther01 @ Jan. 29 2007,16:59) Man O' man!  I'm really worried now!  Do you experience a jump while accelerating in second to about 60-70 mph?  My bike jumps then, I guess it was telling me to go into third!!!  Any words?
rock.gif
No word on mine as of today, but the best way I know to explain it is it feels like the chain is slipping a tooth. It did it worse with a passenger. Prob about mid way thru second gear is when mine was doing it.  Mine is an 06' limited with 3k miles.
Gunnybusa, bruh since 02
rock.gif
 Has anyone tracked or fixed the cause themselves?
2nd gear dog bones get bent and dont hold the gear all the way in. The dealer replaced my bones as well as second gear. Alot of others have had to fight thier dealers and at times Suzuki to get thiers fixxed. Mine was done on my 02 at around 50,000 miles my extended warranty paid for it with out a fight. I HAVE HAD NO PRBLEMS WITH MY 06le and im almost at 19,000 miles.

rock.gif

(NCpanther01 @ Jan. 29 2007,19:28) Mike 77u, what year is your bike?  Because that sounds just like what I'm having!!!  Do you know the cause!!!
Mine is an 06 LE. It started right at around 8k miles.

(Somebody1010 @ Feb. 01 2007,18:23) i bought my bike at richmond suzuki they are good people tony does all he can and wont rip you off.
Yeah I realized that by just talking to him on the phone... Thats the only reason I made a 150mi drive to let him do the work......
beerchug.gif

hey guys, I found this site looking for answers to this topic. People I have talked to say the dogs wear out causing the gears to disengage, leading that to bend the shift fork and poss. wearing a slight groove in the shift drum. I am taking mine apart myself probb.Not for a couple of months,but will post what i find Ps. I here undercutting does the trick providing the gears are in good enough shape.

With these 2nd gear problems-- anyone finding metal shavings on the oil drain plug ??
Are any of you doing full throttle speed shifts - as in keeping it pinned and pulli'n clutch and bang 2nd in ?? IMHO the Busa is the only bike i have ever owned that doing that kind of speed shifting feels way too violent on the tranny. All my other bikes could take it. As in much less hp's and torque.

(SKILLZ @ Jan. 08 2007,09:04)
(guido4512 @ Jan. 08 2007,08:37) Trans will need to come apart. 2nd gear jumping out - alot of that going on around here........

1 Hope you have warranty
2 Hope that Suzuki honors it.
mad.gif

When it is rebuilt, have the gears under cut.
Someone will chime in here who has gone thru this I'm sure.
I think i have a couple of months on the factory warranty... It is a year correct?? Is there a limit on miles?? I am going to make an appt tomorrow with the dealer here....
One year from purchase date, unlimited miles. My dealer wants the business and will make it a warranty issue, but I've heard many others with this problem that were told not covered under warranty. I've also heard for $1500.00 you can get a bullet proof tranny. Good Luck.
wink.gif

Old thread sorry.
tounge.gif

Got mine back on thurs, had gears undercut to stop this happening again. I had a good look at the gear cluster when it was apart & in my opinion ( as a mechanic/engineer) from what i can see it is 100% design fault. Why would suzuki undercut every gear except 2nd ? The dogs dont even have a machined surface to run against, its 2 bare castings running against eachother. I spent 10 yrs doing inboard marine back when boats ran dog clutches (showing my age), the dogs are undercut. If the dogs wore out / the undercut wore off & the boat jumps out of gear. Exactly the same as 2nd gear in a busa box

Back