Sever jerking in 2nd gear

cb351w

Registered
I have a sever problem. I have a 2001 busa that has developed a severe jerking problem in 2nd gear about 6K RPMs. Under hard acceleration it will actually chirp the rear tire every time it jerks. I have eliminate the clutch as I just replaced the clutch with a FBG and a Brock clutch mod kit. Ths problem only occurs in 2nd gear all the other gears are fine. If you accelerate normally it will not jerk as bad. The bike does not jump in RPMs it just jerks aslo ot does not have any issues engaging and it does not pop out of gear. Any help would be great. Thanks

Seeing as how it only does it in second gear I doubt this is it but check your fuel lines under the tank. Sometimes when you lift the tank the lines will kink when you put the tank back down. Other then that I have no idea what could be happening.

Welcome to the board.

Control Your throttle?

2nd gear, 6K RPMS... doesn't happen if you accelerate "Normally"... I'd say it's a case of a Defective Input Control Unit...

welcome to the board....

No input to give regarding your problem dude
blush.gif

Sounds like the gear is gone...Choice either continue to ride it gengerly or tear it open and replace the gears...

Thanks guy for welcoming me to the forum and making me feel like an old friend. I think that I will pull the tranny and have everything gone through and replaced because owning a busa and and trying to ride it soft is never an option. Fortunately I can put the fairing on my '02 busa and atleast ride.

Back