2nd gear issue only no other gear

(quikgixx @ Sep. 12 2006,07:16) Trust me its the tranny,it gonna need a full rebuild I know becuase mine was doing the same thing,and NO Suzuki will not fix it for you, be prepaired to spend at least $1,200.00 to get it fixed..Thats what I spent and thats me pulling the engine out and giving it to a shop..I had the trans  gears undercut and the trans worked killer after that..
Funny they fixed mine and even paid for it.

Hey guys, my 05 busa is just 6000km old & started doing it last weekend. I was'nt sure what it was at first as it felt like the chain was jumping a tooth. Im told its a worn hub & bent selector fork.Suzuki pretty good with warranty here in Australia so hopefully they fix it. I thought these hayabusa's were supposed to be bullet proof, ive never even done 2nd gear wheelie's on it.

(Highabusa @ Oct. 27 2006,03:49) I thought these hayabusa's were supposed to be bullet proof, ive never even done 2nd gear wheelie's on it.
I have 25,000+ miles on my '05. No problems.

(BusaWhipped @ Oct. 27 2006,03:34)
(Highabusa @ Oct. 27 2006,03:49) I thought these hayabusa's were supposed to be bullet proof, ive never even done 2nd gear wheelie's on it.
I have 25,000+ miles on my '05.  No problems.
mine didnt start on the 02 untill 50,000 miles.

(Spigga @ Oct. 03 2006,15:24) What causes this?
Second gear on the Hayabusa is the only one not undercut from the factory .

Abuse is the usual culprit though .

My guess is Suzuki wanted absolute minimum drive lash possible in second gear at lower speeds , for the most part due to factory tuning for emissions and tendancy for lean surge at part throttle .

Other brands/models are not exempt . Take a ZX6E and other K bikes , notorious for same problem .

Had this happen to my K6 with 2500km's, NEVER abused (then) and they, Suzuki Australia were complete wankers about it. Denying there was a problem with any other Busa in Oz with the problem, must be rider abuse etc. Ended up getting consumer affairs onto it, still was $450 outta pocket to get her repaired. Not a problem since and now with 9200km up it's finally starting to 'loosen' up
smile.gif

Selector drum and 2 gears and a fork that had very light marks on it replaced, the dealer took the brunt of the cost and now 4 months later is STILL waiting for Suzuki to cover the cost of the parts used!
SHOCKED.gif

Have not had a problem since, but just in case Suzuki Australia rep's read this, your a pack of arrogant wankers
smile.gif

smile.gif

Back