02 Busa jerks on 2nd gear

@rubbersidedown There's an older guy just north of my city that I can order Amsoil through at $11.40+tax/shipping per qt. I was going to change to it after winter, but I guess that needs to be expedited now.
I have the money saved for the parts (yay, budgeting), but I have zero time off right now. Once I have days off again, I will definitely throw a post up and plan a mechanic's date if anyone is willing!
Right now, I may have days off again starting at Christmas...so the fastest this is going to happen would be late January.
Thats 15 bucks Canadian...good price. Check the price on Motul or one of the others that you like that might be cheaper if yer gonna dump it more often. Don't know if you do much wrenching,but I'll offer ya a tip or 2. A "hot change" is best for looking for debris. Dont over torque the drain plug,some folks have striped the threads. Some use a new drain plug washer every time, I don't,if I dont have 1 handy, but whatever. Order yerself a dozen of them,you'll use them as time goes by. Less than 2 buck a piece,get them from a dealer, Suzuki part number
09168-14004 See if they'll offer you a discount on a half dozen filters or more. There's a tinfoil trick (I made a special drain pan) for keeping oil off yer headers when draining. Don't over torque yer filter either,makes them a beotch to get off. Dont know if you knew any of that,disregard if u did.
I would say 2 months of easy riding on yer tranny should be fine.
Rubb.
Bring it to NH, Im and out in a Day and half
Wahooo...road trip. :thumbsup: Might be cold up there in January eh John?
IDK.
Rubb.

a1a.png

Thats 15 bucks Canadian...good price. Check the price on Motul or one of the others that you like that might be cheaper if yer gonna dump it more often. Don't know if you do much wrenching,but I'll offer ya a tip or 2. A "hot change" is best for looking for debris. Dont over torque the drain plug,some folks have striped the threads. Some use a new drain plug washer every time, I don't,if I dont have 1 handy, but whatever. Order yerself a dozen of them,you'll use them as time goes by. Less than 2 buck a piece,get them from a dealer, Suzuki part number
09168-14004 See if they'll offer you a discount on a half dozen filters or more. There's a tinfoil trick (I made a special drain pan) for keeping oil off yer headers when draining. Don't over torque yer filter either,makes them a beotch to get off. Dont know if you knew any of that,disregard if u did.
Rubb.

IDK.
Rubb.

View attachment 1629064
Yes it is but i have two lifts set up indoors heated, and ready to go!

Rubb.

IDK.
Rubb.
I'll ride in the cold, but no way is my southern butt two-wheeling it in the snow :eek:

The tin foil trick is great, I'll have to stop being lazy and start doing it. I always do the change hot just to get the oil to flow faster and I have had to replace the copper washer once, but not the bolt (finger's crossed).
It sounds like I'll need to replace the CCT as well...consistent ticking on the front right side after the bike warms up.

I'll ride in the cold, but no way is my southern butt two-wheeling it in the snow :eek:

The tin foil trick is great, I'll have to stop being lazy and start doing it. I always do the change hot just to get the oil to flow faster and I have had to replace the copper washer once, but not the bolt (finger's crossed).
It sounds like I'll need to replace the CCT as well...consistent ticking on the front right side after the bike warms up.
With less than 30K on your motor I would doubt yer chain or the tensioner needs replacing,but ya never know. Maybe you'll get lucky and it will click over another tooth and be happy again. If not, are going with a new stocker or a manual? I have not installed an APE for years,so have no recent "hands on" tips or tricks for that. @Kiwi Rider will chime in I'm sure and he has incredible Busa knowledge,exellent tech skills and recently just did his own,
Rubb.

With less than 30K on your motor I would doubt yer chain or the tensioner needs replacing,but ya never know. Maybe you'll get lucky and it will click over another tooth and be happy again. If not, are going with a new stocker or a manual? I have not installed an APE for years,so have no recent "hands on" tips or tricks for that. @Kiwi Rider will chime in I'm sure and he has incredible Busa knowledge,exellent tech skills and recently just did his own,
Rubb.
Most likely aftermarket. I never plan on beefing up the bike, but I have no issue replacing failing parts with good upgrades! It sounds almost like a card in bicycle spokes right now and has been going on since spring...I'll try to record it if I can.

I knew a jerk who had a Busa if that helps any....he sold it before he killed either himself or someone else on it thankfully...

Most likely aftermarket. I never plan on beefing up the bike, but I have no issue replacing failing parts with good upgrades! It sounds almost like a card in bicycle spokes right now and has been going on since spring...I'll try to record it if I can.
We've had new members post video of Busa's they intended to buy and I identified the cam chain rattle immediately,one or 2 people disagreed but the sound is unmistakable if you ask me. I'm sure you've "hit the nail on the head." I think most guys go with the APE aftermarket tensioner.
Install advice and vids click here if interested.
Rubb.

Im on an 06 rz w lite mods. Very recently had this second gear bullshit occur. TBH it was terrifying coming out of a tight corner hard on Angeles crest, front wheel up and leaned over. I really thought I was done for an instant. Had chain adjusted and sprockets inspected the next day. They found nada. On the way home from the shop, I attempted to rip thru second and same "blip" I will call it, occurred. So its a tranny issue? My bike has 27k on the ticker. How can I fix this? or should I? Is it gen 3 or H2 time? Guess I still gotta handle it as I could not in good conscience hand this bike over to a new owner. Any advice is appreciated. THX

Back