bucking in second gear?

jonxbusa

Registered
2006 busa with 1800 miles on it. for some reason in the top of second gear at about 9000 to 9500 rpms i feel a bucking feeling. it jerks the whole bike really bad. has anyone every had this problem before or would know wat it could possibly be? thanks

you sure your not hitting the rev limiter?
rock.gif

had to ask. need some more info. does it do it briefly or what? is it modded or stock? could be a lean condition. put it on a dyno, let em look at the air/fuel.
lurk.gif

Do a search on 2nd gear in the Busa Problems forum, there is lots of info. Might help some.

have you checked our chain for proper play? They stretch fairly easy on the busa. When you say buck is it the throttle thats choppy or at a steady throttle its bucking?

imma take it to the shop soon. probably wednesday. **** I hate it when **** goes wrong. my 1yr. with her is comin up fast so i better get any warranty claims started QUICK

yes i have this problem too. It's the second gear shift fork. Hayabusa's biggest fault. Good luck at gettin Suzuki to fix. Otherwise you're lookin at about $1000-$1300.

(majed @ May 21 2007,07:04) yes i have this problem too.  It's the second gear shift fork.  Hayabusa's biggest fault.  Good luck at gettin Suzuki to fix.  Otherwise you're lookin at about $1000-$1300.
Why dose every one say that? I had mine changed along with 2nd gear it self with absolutely no problems!

Why dose every one say that? I had mine changed along with 2nd gear it self with absolutely no problems!
[/Quote]

You're lucky. I tried while it was still under warranty and now my warranty's done with. Mine's an 05LE. It started at 6k miles. Now i have 16k miles. It'll be a while before i can pay for the repairs.

CIMG4056.jpg

(majed @ May 21 2007,07:15) Why dose every one say that? I had mine changed along with 2nd gear it self with absolutely no problems!

You're lucky.  I tried while it was still under warranty and now my warranty's done with.  Mine's an 05LE.  It started at 6k miles.  Now i have 16k miles.  It'll be a while before i can pay for the repairs.[/Quote]
I always by the extended warranty and they have always come through for me. I had 52,000 miles on my 02 when the fixed the 2nd gear problem.

i bought the bike used with 2500 miles on it. Otherwise i woulda DEFINATELY gotten the extended warranty. Personnally i think Suzuki should do a recall since the problem is so common.

(majed @ May 21 2007,07:21) i bought the bike used with 2500 miles on it.  Otherwise i woulda DEFINATELY gotten the extended warranty.  Personnally i think Suzuki should do a recall since the problem is so common.
You and all of us. A few years back there was a lady that posted up here she said that the 2nd gear problem had contributed to a wreck that killed her husband. She wanted all of us to sign on to a class action lawsuit with her.

Back