SECOND GEAR JERK UNDER ACCELERATION

Could not have said it better myslef. I am still in the process of trying to get it covered. If they deny me I will be the 1st to sign up!!!

yea i have a 06 busa. my second gear started doing that exact same thing yesterday.. to be honest i think its from doing second gear wheelies.. but i have no problem their covering it under warranty..

(tiki240 @ Jun. 05 2007,07:19) I will have access to a lawyer in july.  All I need is people who are willing to see this issue all the way through till it gets resolved.  have you fixed your bike with your own money and been denied warranty? is your bike still broken?  well then lets do this.  the only thing we have lacked so far is organization.  Who is serious about getting in on a class-action suit? its time to stop ranting from behind computer screens.  We've been loyal to suzuki, its time they showed us at least the same.
+1

Is it just me or does this problem seem to be happening to a high % of the LE models? I know it's the same bike, just has different fairings, but I believe someone stated they make the LE models at certain intervals....maybe something going wrong during that manufacturing period?

I have an 06' w/ 7k but have yet to have any problems (always use the clutch) other than the occassional 5-6 Neutral from soft shifting.

Let us non-prob. owners know if you need some names added to the list as Hayabusa owners..

(PaceMaster @ Feb. 05 2007,08:17) With these 2nd gear problems-- anyone finding metal shavings on the oil drain plug ??
Are any of you doing full throttle speed shifts - as in keeping it pinned and pulli'n clutch and bang 2nd in ?? IMHO the Busa is the only bike i have ever owned that doing that kind of speed shifting feels way too violent on the tranny. All my other bikes could take it. As in much less hp's and torque.
We have a winner!!! It only takes one time not to get it into second gear. Then the first 'slip' under power does major damage.

At the risk of repeating something Brenda said earlier, have any of you with 2nd gear troubles tried a TRE?

I ask 'cos what some of you are describing sounds very like the feeling/throttle response in 2nd on my '99. I only got the bike a few months back, and found that 2nd gear was really hatefull; it felt like it was slipping and it didn't respond in a linear fashion when twisting the throttle - it was w-a-y more on/off and very snatchy.

Turned out (in my case at least) that it was down to the ECU programming and timing retardation. Suzuki programmed the low gears to provide a weakened response to throttle movement in an attempt (I guess) to stop new riders throwing the bike down the road - and so in some cases it's not anything mechanical that's the trouble, it's electrical.

I realise that some of the posts describe different symptoms, so this won't work for everyone, but before writing off a bunch of money or spending months aggling with dealers, it might be worth spending a couple of $ on a TRE - it just plugs into the wiring loom, so no tricky installs - which will over-ride the factory programming, and will give the bike a much more linear throttle response. It'll certainly change the feel of the bike, and might well improve the symotoms you're describing.

Just a thought.

Neil

I have a TRE on my 04. After 23k miles on it, my 2nd gear is starting to slip between 7k-10k rpms, but only when I throttle up fast. If I take it easy, it's fine. I guess I am going to have to baby her for a while till I can get it fixed.

Anyone else ride theirs for a while after having this problem? I just don't want to do more dmg than there already is.

i have a 2000 and it just started on mine, got 39,000 miles on it i'm damn sure suzuki will send me back out the door with the problem!

argue.gif
i have a 2000 and it just started on mine, got 39,000 miles on it i'm damn sure suzuki will send me back out the door with the problem!

argue.gif
i have a 2000 and it just started on mine, got 39,000 miles on it i'm sure suzuki will send me back out the door with the problem!

argue.gif
i have a 2000 and it just started on mine, got 39,000 miles on it i'm sure suzuki will send me back out the door with the problem! had a 750 with same deal , i fixed it myself what a pain putting the engine back in frame ........well i guessi will be ripping my busa down this winter .
all_coholic.gif

argue.gif
i have a 2000 and it just started on mine, got 39,000 miles on it i'm sure suzuki will send me back out the door with the problem! had a 750 with same deal , i fixed it myself what a pain putting the engine back in frame ........well i guess i will be ripping my busa down this winter .
all_coholic.gif

Have a 06 Hayabusa LE 8500 miles same problem 2nd about 6000 rpm under hard acceleration feels like chain is poppin. Suzuki made a He?? of a bike and skipped undercutting 2nd. WHY???????????????

Suzuki told me it was rider abuse ,mine jerked in first gear, 1000 to fix it then I had a oil leak when they finished. Watch them very close they will get you.

I mentioned this once before on a forum.. my impresson was in was in my head.. I quess after readfing this thread who knows.. and mine had 909 miles (03) but it dont slip under hard acceleration, but when you shift you get a jerk.. ( Sounds and reacts as if the chain is extremely loose) so I found that I have to baby the trottle ever so slightly when shifting espeacially with another rider. very irritating..

I was wondering if anyone has ever ran across their bike jerking in second gear when rolling on the throttle. Its almost like the chain slips a tooth(but the sprockets and chain are fine and thats not it) I rode with a passenger yesterday and it did it worse it seems.... Any ideas??? This is on my 06' LE, 3k miles.
Wave goodbye to 2nd gear as it leaves the building :banghead:
Damn...got suckered by somebody robbing the post grave again :banghead: Is there a reason to do searches and bring up years old threads ??? Might be better to start your own and just reference the old threads?

Last edited:
Back