BT002RS track day (pic)

I almost forgot... Shout out to Ted!! (powers739) for all the heads up info on track day and again for use of tire warmers (did not end up using them however) and the spare fuel tank! (the thing is almost virgin!! what a generous offering... how can I return that favor? )

Gingerman is coming up in June I think? NESBA : Northeast Sports Bike Association is outside Kalamzoo MI

I think there is talk of Hallet doing a track day for the Busa guys? You should talk to Steve about it..

Thanks, already planned on that one. :thumbsup:

Hallet is going to do a track day for busas? we was planing on going in a couple of weeks with other bikes, when is this day you speak of?

Hallet is going to do a track day for busas? we was planing on going in a couple of weeks with other bikes, when is this day you speak of?
Need to campaign to Busa159 and see what he can pull together :whistle:

I might just have to make the journey if he can put something together.. :)

very cool, you are going to be hooked on it now:cheerleader..what fun it is!!!!!

Trackdays rock! Those BT-002's are really awesome tires. Congrats on the new addiction.

Good stuff man! The BT-002RS ARE THE BEST STREET TIRES FOR THE TRACK I've run. Bridgestone is coming out with a street version of their DOT race BT003, called the BT-003RS.

You can actually control powerslides at super high rates of speed with the 002RS' and they are so damn predictable. They'll let you know when they start to go so they just don't have you ending up on yer noggin. The 003RS is gonna be outta this world for the street/trackday hybrids! The cool thing about the 002RS and 003RS is....you don't need tire warmers. Just start the bike and go. My Race 003's require tire warmers, or else they're super slippery when you first get on the track and don't get very adhesive for the 3 or 4 laps. But once they get warm, DAMN STICKY!! It literally feels like glue, and your finger will actually stick to the boogers, when warm. Plus the 003 race tires come in 3 different compounds; soft, medium, and hard compound. I've had the best luck with the medium compounds so far.

Good stuff man! The BT-002RS ARE THE BEST STREET TIRES FOR THE TRACK I've run. Bridgestone is coming out with a street version of their DOT race BT003, called the BT-003RS.

You can actually control powerslides at super high rates of speed with the 002RS' and they are so damn predictable. They'll let you know when they start to go so they just don't have you ending up on yer noggin. The 003RS is gonna be outta this world for the street/trackday hybrids! The cool thing about the 002RS and 003RS is....you don't need tire warmers. Just start the bike and go. My Race 003's require tire warmers, or else they're super slippery when you first get on the track and don't get very adhesive for the 3 or 4 laps. But once they get warm, DAMN STICKY!! It literally feels like glue, and your finger will actually stick to the boogers, when warm. Plus the 003 race tires come in 3 different compounds; soft, medium, and hard compound. I've had the best luck with the medium compounds so far.
a number of guys were talking about the 003RS (only available at the track).. seems Bridgestone did good with both of these tires..

I really do not have a point of reference on how good they are (BT002RS), I only know that I really like how they feel.

After I got over the initial fear of running them a bit hard while cold, they felt pretty comfortable after about 1.5 laps (3 miles)

Just ordered another set of the BT002RS... I think I am in love :rofl: I will check mileage against the Dunlop Qualifier..

I will keep running them till there are no more.. the BT003RS is a lot more pricey... would be curious if the new offering (well new to the public) from Michelin is going to fly

Welcome to MICHELIN Power One website. now that they have backed down from the racing program, they are releasing this tire to the masses...

I'm glad you love them 002's. Honestly, just stick with works best for you, and I'm sure the 002's will be your Trackday Love Children, after you've tried the millions of different tires available. Although, those Power Ones have me curious. I used to use the Qualys couple years ago. They're very good tires. I prefer them over Pilot Powers any day (except the Power Race). But the 002's have been, by far, the best street/trackday tire for me. With the lap times I was doing at Willow Springs big track, I would've easily placed top 5 in the Heavyweight Novice class on the 002RS. They're that GOOD!! Anyways, keep experimenting and good luck in your search for....."the perfect tire." :beerchug:

I'm glad you love them 002's. Honestly, just stick with works best for you, and I'm sure the 002's will be your Trackday Love Children, after you've tried the millions of different tires available. Although, those Power Ones have me curious. I used to use the Qualys couple years ago. They're very good tires. I prefer them over Pilot Powers any day (except the Power Race). But the 002's have been, by far, the best street/trackday tire for me. With the lap times I was doing at Willow Springs big track, I would've easily placed top 5 in the Heavyweight Novice class on the 002RS. They're that GOOD!! Anyways, keep experimenting and good luck in your search for....."the perfect tire." :beerchug:
They work for me.. I think I will skip trying others for now as this tire is easily way ahead of my skill level and it will let me learn about my limits instead of working what the tire can do,

I can work on what I need to do.. when I get a handle on the riding aspect, then maybe I can fool with tires more.. for now? I am happy :)

The other "unusual' thing I noticed was the choice of pipes.. there was not 1 "megaphone" or loud pipe to be found anywhere in the pits.. NOT 1... "Quiet" is the rule, not the exception.. maybe the veteran track guys can give some insight to this..

loud pipes don't add speed... my last track toy was an 07zx10 that i never raced, but took to quite a few track days before selling her to someone on here... she was 100% stock other than tuning the suspension and putting some better rubber on... +1 on the BT002RS (even though it had 2cts most recently)... I would ride in the race/expert group and never had any issues keeping up.

on the chance there is someone there with really loud pipes.. he usually just gets dirty looks from everyone and called a squid

loud pipes don't add speed... my last track toy was an 07zx10 that i never raced, but took to quite a few track days before selling her to someone on here... she was 100% stock other than tuning the suspension and putting some better rubber on... +1 on the BT002RS (even though it had 2cts most recently)... I would ride in the race/expert group and never had any issues keeping up.

on the chance there is someone there with really loud pipes.. he usually just gets dirty looks from everyone and called a squid
The loudest things I have seen so far in the track days I have run has been a BMW and the Honda F4 600's (they sound like an F1 car I swear)

I have an opportunity to purchase a track ready ZX10.. I highly doubt I am anywhere near ready for a bike of that caliber but sure is tempting..

I am likely never going to make it to the advanced or expert classes but I do not care.. This is SOOO much fun it could be little old ladies on mopeds in the blue hair express class...

You know I was really woke up to the fact the brute power is only a small portion of track speed and lap times..

I found out quickly that more key to going fast was being smooth, picking correct lines and just concentrating on proper riding technique. My lap times fell as I thought I was going slower..

It was also amazing how much difference small tuning changes in suspension and ride height had on the bike. I get a big kick out of making things work better and so having fun tweaking on stuff..

I have not had so much fun being humbled by smaller, slower bikes ever.. the guys that ride them are so skilled that it is a blast to be able to ride along side of them (when they are not just blowing by you)

The help from the guys here and at the track has been amazing... feel like a kid with a brand new bike again...

Not sure some 50 something guy without a day of road race experience should be out on a track draggin a knee at 100+mph but I dont care... this is fun :)

Back