OEM BTO15 tires?

Tufbusa

Track Coach / TufPoodle Coach
Registered
I took my shinny new GSXR1K shod with it's OEM BTO15's to the track yesterday. Been a long winter with no track time and since it was the first day out on our local track I decided to leave the Pirelli DOT Race Tires at home. Had no intentions of trying to spank the new girl on her first trip. After all, she only had 294 miles on the odometer.

Turned out to be a nice warm fifty something degree day. I set the tire pressure to 30/30 cold and after setting out the first session to let the brave souls warm up the track and dry off the morning dew, I had a go of it.

These BTO15's which come on your 08 busa, performed flawlessly. While I wasn't setting any track records in lap times, these tires gave excellent grip, dragging a knee at will on either side and high speed handling as well as braking was excellent. I had little trouble hanging with some of the instructors and track marshals through the corners on DOT track tires.

I have heard some on here refer to the BTO15's that came on their 08 busa as "Sh!t" "Junk" "Crap" "Trash" among other choice degrading phrases to show their disatifaction with these tires. If you can't ride these tires, it ain't the tire my friend "It AIN'T the tire"!

clap.gif
Glad somebody had fun yesterday!
whistling.gif

I havent had any issue with mine on the street but its very warm here. Problems I remember were reported in very cold damp weather.

I run about 36/37 psi and they have performed well.

beerchug.gif
Glad you have good result with them. And they are priced pretty good to from what I have seen.

I have no issues with them and we have cold damp conditions here about +5 to +13, tires doing a nice job, i had concerns reading some guys postings, but I found out on my own they are fine, infact the GenII is fine, brakes, handling, looks, i love it, I am a daily rider/sport rider, this bike has more then met my expectations
bowdown.gif

I have heard some on here refer to the BTO15's that came on their 08 busa as "Sh!t" "Junk" "Crap" "Trash" among other choice degrading phrases to show their disatifaction with these tires. If you can't ride these tires, it ain't the tire my friend "It AIN'T the tire"!

I'm glad some other folks feel the same way I do! I love the BT-015 tires.
thumb_up.gif

No problems for me either, picked up my K8 in 32 F and had no problems. 3000 miles later and even rain today no issues. If you ride the conditions you should be fine, but then again you can always get caught off guard with black ice or a hydroplane, but that is not the tires fault.

I read that Suzuki chose these tires because of their stiffer side walls designed to compensate for the weight of the bike. I think most of the initial negative reports were influenced by the fact that the OEM tires have that factory greasy film that when combined with cold tire temps and aggressive lean angles, you may run into some issues under certain road conditions. Also the fact that the K8 was introduced pretty much in the dead of winter, some overly zealous folks like myself realized you can't quite ride the bike out of the dealer like it's on a track....
whistling.gif

However, tupperware is always replaceable.
ThumbsUp.gif

I agree the brakes and tires are fine. Are there bettor brakes and bettor tires out there, sure, but mine are performing good.{on a turbo 08 427hp bike}

I took my shinny new GSXR1K shod with it's OEM BTO15's to the track yesterday. Been a long winter with no track time and since it was the first day out on our local track I decided to leave the Pirelli DOT Race Tires at home. Had no intentions of trying to spank the new girl on her first trip. After all, she only had 294 miles on the odometer.

Turned out to be a nice warm fifty something degree day. I set the tire pressure to 30/30 cold and after setting out the first session to let the brave souls warm up the track and dry off the morning dew, I had a go of it.

These BTO15's which come on your 08 busa, performed flawlessly. While I wasn't setting any track records in lap times, these tires gave excellent grip, dragging a knee at will on either side and high speed handling as well as braking was excellent. I had little trouble hanging with some of the instructors and track marshals through the corners on DOT track tires.

You're right, a lot of people who can't ride to the bikes potential start blaming the bike, tires, brakes, and whatever else. Instead of looking at the real problem, THEMSELVES.

Absolutely! I think these tires are in fact phenomenal for how they can glue this quart-a-ton beast to the floor! I **** with 600cc riders that are new on the canyon corners, and I use these tires. I love em!
cool.gif
thumb_up.gif

BT-15 are excellent tyres...a lot better than the previous models bt-56s
im curious to see how the BT-21s are

I got my Busa in October and have been riding in 40 degrees F temps. I am careful to warm them up before leaning over very far. This bike has been easy for me to learn to ride. I am already wearing the tire all the way to the edge with nearly no chicken stripes. I have never touched my knee down but am sure I will need knee sliders this summer. At 1500 miles and I got a nail in the tire that will make me replace the tire. It is almost gone, however and probably would have made it to 2000.I have confidence in the tire and will buy it again.
thumb_up.gif

You don't get much worse weather than we get in the U.K. and the tyres perform very well, but i don't think i will get much more than 2000 miles out of these.

3000 on my rear still plenty of tread. Front only had 2000 on it due to early replacement because of a screw. I don't do burn outs and no drag racing. Street riding only.

Only complaint I have from my BT015's is they didn't last long.
thumb_up.gif

I got 1700 miles out of mine and they were gone.. No problems with them really, rode the canyon out here quite a bit. I need to have my suspension tuned for me and I believe my tire wear problems will be greatly reduced...
cool.gif
I am currently trying out the Michelin PP 2's, and I like them as well.. A little better longevity from them so far, but not a huge difference..
beerchug.gif

Back