BTO16 gets a BIG thumbs up!

Tufbusa

Track Coach / TufPoodle Coach
Registered
I finally mounted the Bridgestone BTO16's which had been in my garage for a few months now. I put my first miles on a 16 on MJN's ride a couple of weeks ago. Put 1604 miles on them and found them to be quite impressive. Good feel and GREAT grip. No problem planting a knee whenever the need arose.

Then came Sully's school day on Thursday and I rode them for the school. Put lots of laps on but nothing above a moderated pace. Then Friday was an open track day with no students. I had a set of Pirelli slicks mounted on rims just for the open track day. However, I decided I wanted to put a few hard laps on the BTO16's before I switched to track tires. I was so impressed with the 16's I ran them all day. Greg commented on the lean angle the 16's were getting.

While they are not a race tire, they are an incredible tire. I ran 30/30 cold psi and evidently the tires liked it as you can see by the orange peal look in the photos. The day was a bit on the warm side, up around 90 degrees. I didn't have my themometer so I don't know what the hot tire temperature was.

I could get the rear to spin on corner exits (The big gixxer will spin any tire) but it never turned loose, just an easy spin. I give these puppies a big THUMBS UP on performance. Although I am partial to the Dunlop Qualifier, the BTO16 may be my new best friend?

:beerchug:

BTO167-12-09025.jpg

BTO16

BTO167-12-09024.jpg

BTO16

StevenGreg7-12-09020.jpg

Steven and the GregBob sitting on Greg's tailgate Saturday morning loaded up and ready for the long drive home.

Got a pair of those that I havn't tried setting in my closet too.
Gave up on this year, hoping for track days next spring.:thumbsup:

WOW! Tufbusa with something nice to say? Holy cow! These tires must rock!

and they are not all the $$ either.. I ran them at Spring bash and had a fine time with them (34/34)..

RacerV is running them and he can run a quicker pace than most guys I know..

Purchased after you suggested them Stevo.... Now get us a long deal on the 003RS please...

Would really like to get over to your side of the country for a track day..

Last edited:
Have got about 400 miles on mine so far and like them also, :thumbsup:

WOW! Tufbusa with something nice to say? Holy cow! These tires must rock!

Hey Now! You watch it buster, I'll poke a sharp stick in that blinking eye of yours, Mr. Lamb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:p

Back