stock tires and track days

Firefighter51819

Registered
hello guys and gals. i have been reading posts about track days and have never done one. def has my interest. i have a bone stock 06 busa with factory tires. found a leftover at a dealer a couple of weeks ago.

my question is since this is my primary ridin bike i want to get to know her better. im wantin to know if i am gonna just destroy my stock tires takin her to a track day. i am a novice by a large margin. i usually go in a straight line. hence my zx 10 being set up the way she is. wat other pointers can ya give me. i will have the track personnel help me set her up to my weight and such. later if i really enjoy the track days i will be tryin to find me an extra set of wheels for track tires. right now though i just want to learn her better. sorry for the long post. i appreciate the help guys.

Welcome! As Rush Chairman, I must inform you that you must post pics within the first few posts (if not the first) or else the sharks will be a'swimmin! :rulez:

Many oRgsters do trackdays - and if you find a school, they will offer advice on equipment and setup - but as a start here, Charlesbusa, LABusa, JetLi, cAptain, Omslaw - well, lots and lots of people have had thier scoots on the track and will be able to help you out. BT056's are probably on your scoot and should be fine... as you become more proficient and start really boogering them up, you may want to have a spare set for track use... long story short... for a track day or school, as you are learning, you won't completely shred them. If she is an 06 though, make sure you look at the tires really well - even with little to no mileage, the tires are at least four years old...

:welcome: It depends on how quickly you come up to speed so to speek. Most people will not go through a set of tires at their first track day. Then there's Macon454 :laugh:

yep. she had never been tagged or anything. had .2 miles on her. got her from ashland cycle center in kentucky.

as for the pictures i have sum. just not sure how to put them on here. i can email them to sum1 if they want and they could put them up

thanks for the info guys

the tires are at least four years old...

that's what i was thinking about also...

You would probaly be ok but I would error on the side of caution and pick up some newer tires.

trackdays are fun....too fun....way too fun you'll have a blast.

welcome to the board!

thanks yall for the info. I had thought about the tires too. just wasnt for sure. they look good. no cracks or anything. i've been leanin her pretty hard at slow speeds cuz im trying to benice and break the motor in at least half way by the manual. its hard for me to do. lol i never break a race engine in my cars but it is a different animal.

So without goin to sum full blown race tires. wat would be a good choice for a novice without breaking the bank. Dont wanna b replacin them after every track outing. i figure i can go 3 to 4 times a year and if i could find sumtin that would last for that many outings i would be game. i know it will depend on how fast i get accustomed to trackin it. but if ya dont mind give a couple of brands to shoot for. Thanks again yall. this is an awesome site.

I put Dunlop Qualifiers on my GSXR 1000 last year and really liked those. I'll be putting on some Q2s this year. Bridgestone BT-016s are a good tire also. Bridgestone also offers BT002s and BT003s which I've heard good things about.

I'm currently running Micheline 2CTs right now on my busa, they seem alright but I've heard way too many horror stories about them to really push them that hard.

If you like the feedback from the BT056 the BT016 will be a very welcome change. They have great feedback and much better grip than the BT056. You can find them fairly cheap, but they are not cheap tires. The BT016 will pick up debris from the road when they are wear. It is a confidence inspiring tire on the Hayabusa.

If you want to learn more about your bike the track is the best place.

:welcome: :beerchug:

Though I ride an R6 on the track, I used to run BT10/14/002Rs on her all the time in A race group. I think as long as you keep an eye on things, you'll be fine in B or C group without much issue.

Just my 2 cents...

Back