Brought her home

congrats
biggrin.gif

Gusty crosswinds do tend to push the front wheel around, I think it's a combination of the large disc brakes and the front fender. As long as you don't tense up and get a death-grip on the bars, it usually sorts itself out. I've been able to get on it in windy weather when lighter bikes have backed off though, sometimes the extra weight helps stability.

Welcome to the Rolls Royce of sportbikes.
smile.gif

ik keeping the revs at 4000rpm's thats fine i guess right?
Congratulation bro..

if its brand new.. Suzuki recommends varying the load on the engine.. vary the rpm.. dont cruise at one number..

for example... if on the highway.. get it up to 5000 rpm... then let it get down to 3000 rpm for about 5 sec... then 4000 rpm 5 sec.. 5000 rpm 5 sec.. back down to 3000 rpm...

any one else whan to chime in on this ?
thanx kattan

no i dont keep it constant...i just meant..at the max is 4000 rpm  fine?
Good to see you having fun on the new Busa. As far as break in goes alot of people have different ideas on which is best way to go. But as long as ya don't stay at a constant rpm should be good to go. Beat ya wish they had the same Honda breakin recommendation now don't ya
cool.gif

Glad to hear you are having fun and as far as the break in, ride it like you stole it!! Have fun.

Sounds like you're having a lot of fun!
cool.gif
congrats man stay safe
wink.gif

Congrats on the machine..........It's a hoot aint it?
The wind gives me a problem too but i'm trying to get used to it myself.

Good luck repsolz.
Thanks for the rpm advice kkattan.

Congrats  
biggrin.gif

For the first 600 miles you can go up to 5500 rpms
Then until 1000 miles up to 8000 rpms
After 1000 miles.....let her rip  
tounge.gif

ride it like i stole it huh?
wink.gif

im planning to keep this baby forever if she lasts long enough, especially since i doubt the availability of any mechanics who would bring her back to shape if she needed engine repairs..... so im gonna baby her...unlike the honda which i flogged mercilessly:p

ive read in some mag tests that suzukis have a 100,000mile engine after which it is pretty much useless..is this true?

.........how i feel

from my previous posts u guys may have felt i was sorta nervous about riding the busa for the first time, keeping in mind i had a 1000rr before that,...this is what i felt

FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

apart from the first few minutes it was sweeeeeeet...im shocked im  riding it so smoothly and believe it or not i go through corners better than the 1000rr...maybe because i feel more comfy on the busa as im 185cm and 103kg's

a small ride of about 25miles...everything in order...no overheating problems or shifting probs....so beautiful, so big, really i dont know what to say...even my dad said "its fatter than your older bike"...LOL

its gonna be a break in period...so im doing about 60mph at the mo...im a proud busa owner
cool.gif

i bougt the 06 maroon/black and gear to match....pics soon  
biggrin.gif
Welcome too the broad Bro.
Riding that would be normal.

Back