Just bought my 1st brand new Hayabusa!

wuggzwest

Registered
Hello ladies and gents,

I bought my first hayabusa brand new this friday. Iv been riding atvs and dirtbikes for a while. For the last 2 years Iv been riding an 05 CBR F4i 600 and I finally said to myself its time for a treat. I went out to the suzuki dealership and picked one up! I havent picked it up yet as I wanted them to install frame sliders and a fender eliminator kit. Im 6'2 about 245lbs and I just never felt comfortable on the smaller sport bikes. While I was at the dealership I got an a cbr 1000rr, an R1, gsxr 1000 and they all just felt to small for me. I mean clearly im not a giant but I just didnt feel to comfortable, even on my F4i which had a banana seat I wasnt even comfortable. I sat down on the BUSA and it was like another world, it felt right, it felt great! Im not a beginner by any means, but im far from experienced. I know the busa is one hell of a beast but if you respect the bike, it will respect you (from what Iv been told that is) I HOPE. Eitherway I hope I enjoy it and it doesnt kill me! My days of stunting and getting crazy are over. I just recently recovered off a broken shoulder accident that I got from going down on a yz450 while doing midnight wheelies. I bought this bike to just enjoy locally around town and for a nice long ride once n a while. Hopefully I can pick up some good tips and tricks from you guys and enjoy the bike. After some of the stories iv read on this forum over the weekend, Im a little nervous to get on it, im also re considering if I should of bought this bike in my head. I hope thats not the case though and that its a controllable bike. Its a pleasure to meet you all and to hear everyones imput!

Thanks gents! I really cant wait to get the bike! I just hope its not to much for me! All the talk on those posts about "NOT A BEGINNERS BIKE" really makes me think twice, and im not a first time rider!

:welcome:and congrates on the new purchase. Just take your time wiith her and get to know the great beast. She'll do what ever you want her too, so just be prepared for what she has to offer when you ask. Have fun and be safe.

Thanks gents! I really cant wait to get the bike! I just hope its not to much for me! All the talk on those posts about "NOT A BEGINNERS BIKE" really makes me think twice, and im not a first time rider!

first of all, :welcome: aboard!

second, You'll be fine on her as long as you can control that wrist and your ego. My '08 Busa is my first bike:whistle:

In all seriousness tho...you'll be fine. Keep a level head and take it slow til you get to know her. Congrats on the purchase brother and again, welcome.:beerchug:

Wow, what a great bunch of guys, thank you gentlemen. That is some good advice. I cant wait to get it back. Whats the proper break in and for how long, if any?

:welcome:

And rest assured, it will kill you, just hopefully not before I can buy it real cheap and turn it into a track toy for next year. :rofl:

Relax, and keep very alert. You'll be fine as long as you respect the potential of any bike you choose to ride.

:beerchug:

Wow, what a great bunch of guys, thank you gentlemen. That is some good advice. I cant wait to get it back. Whats the proper break in and for how long, if any?

Once u get the bike read the owners manual from front to rear. Hell if u get a chance u should ask them 4 the manual to read b4 u pick her up. They are great machines. U treat her right and she will treat u right. Also welcome aboard and I promise u will be in love with her in a very short time.
Posted via Mobile Device

:welcome: to the oRg. Congrats on the purchase and get ready for permasmile. It's a side effect of ownership :laugh: I know when I bought my '06 I would look at it every night before bedding down :laugh:

Just take it easy. If you want to you have the option of selecting mode B or C; very few do. I've always followed the manufacturers instructions on break in. Big debate here, anyway the bike has an enormous potential and is sneeky quick without letting you know.

So without further writing and in the words of a very dear friend of mine " Grip it and Rip it " but until you get a few thousand miles behind you, do so gently.

:welcome: to the oRg. Congrats on the purchase and get ready for permasmile. It's a side effect of ownership :laugh: I know when I bought my '06 I would look at it every night before bedding down :laugh:

Just take it easy. If you want to you have the option of selecting mode B or C; very few do. I've always followed the manufacturers instructions on break in. Big debate here, anyway the bike has an enormous potential and is sneeky quick without letting you know.

So without further writing and in the words of a very dear friend of mine " Grip it and Rip it " but until you get a few thousand miles behind you, do so gently.

took me a few miles to understand fully what I just bought when I got mine. But she is a beauty and I knew it was the bike for me the second I first sat on her. :thumbsup:

:welcome: to the ORG. you will find the bike is very tame in the lower rpms, easy to learn, but be careful when you crack the throtle, after break in, slowly roll the throtle, don't stab it! take time to get used to it, also adjust the play in the throtle cables, it will make shifting transitions alot smoother.. Congrats on your new purchase :thumbsup:

Thank you all again, Im picking it up at the end of the week, I left it at the dealership so they can put on frame sliders and a fender eliminator kit. On another note hey TRUWRECKS thanks for the warm heads up, makes me feel glorious "And rest assured, it will kill you, just hopefully not before I can buy it real cheap and turn it into a track toy for next year" .

Back