Just bought my 1st brand new Hayabusa!

:welcome::welcome: CONGRATS~!~

and you have not picked it up yet? good luck sleeping..... (you wont)

If you have street bike experience, you are not exactly a beginner.. IMHO beginners have no reflex reations on a bike.. IE instant clutch/brake/throttle repsonses to emergency situations...

Take your time, stay aware and know everyone is out to get you (they usually wait till you are day dreaming to attack) Risk management is the case of any street bike, the Busa just uses up more of that buffer zone in a shorter amount of time.. heavy, fast and not exactly quick to respond to inputs.. But it is a fantastic multi-roll bike that provides hours of comfort at ballistic speeds..

Find a parking lot, do some braking practice and enjoy the new bike! hope to see you out there..

Thank you all again, Im picking it up at the end of the week, I left it at the dealership so they can put on frame sliders and a fender eliminator kit. On another note hey TRUWRECKS thanks for the warm heads up, makes me feel glorious "And rest assured, it will kill you, just hopefully not before I can buy it real cheap and turn it into a track toy for next year" .

I kid! I kid!

I've had mine on the track and I still give her plenty of respect every time I fire it up. Do everything you can not to become complacent about what, or where you're riding. You will be fine. The Busa is a very well tempered animal. If you are smooth and caring, so is the Busa. If you get abusive it will bite you back.

Ride safe and proud. Not too many have the guts or brains to handle a bike with an engine that is as big as as few of the 4 person cars out there. Heck, my ex-wifes car only has a 1.3l I-4, and my Busa puts out 12 lbs more torque and almost 100 HP more. :thumbsup:

There is nothing more sweet than returning home from on the Busa at the end of a long day of riding.

Thanks guys, I will take pics as soon as I get it back from the shop. Should be by the end of the week (I HOPE!). But I will take pictures. Thank you gents again. :cheerleader:

Break in is debatable amongs riders. As per the manual, you should stay below 5500 RPMS for the first 600 miles. You can actually get the break in inspection done at 600 plus or minus 100 miles. I elected to go with 550 miles. I didn't want too much metal to build up before getting the fluids changed. After your break in inspection, your still recommended to stay below 5500 rpms until after 1k miles, then you can open it up. Your riding style sounds like it won't be a problem. Be careful on your new baby. It looks like a beast for a reason. The great thing with Busa's is that they are tame beast, kinda like a well trained pitbull. When you say "sick em" (roll on the throttle) it unleashes. The choice is yours though. You need to get broken in on the Busa just like it needs to get broken in. Do that together and you will never regret your purchase.

And again, Welcome to the boards !!!:thumbsup::welcome::cheerleader:

Last edited:
Welcome to the org.--great place & great people. You'll love the 'busa--I'm on my second one and ready to trade for a 2010! (I get a new bike every-other-year) I just love 'em! Enjoy!!!

My busa is my first street bike. I rode quads and dirt bikes for years. You should be ok. Just start slow and dont ride with any of your friends that are jack arses for a month or so.:welcome:

:welcome: to the family.
enjoy her and like you have read here, treat her with respect and she will return the favor, but you mistreat her and you will regret it if you survive.
She is a majestic creature to venture on your travels with.

And MOST IMPORTANT- WEAR ALL OF YOUR GEAR. it may not protect you from everything but it will give you a fighting chance to survive if something does go wrong. You would not run off to a war zone in shorts and sandles and nothing else, don't ride that way either.
Again:welcome:

Use your mode selector until you are comfortable with her..... She is a lot heavier and unlike your 600, will launch the wheel to 12 o'clock with the slightest twitch of the wrist if you aren't careful.

The dealership is playing games, its amazing, I buy a brand new bike, I order parts from the store for them to put on and they dont even have the god damn common courtesy to call me and tell me if the parts came in or not. I have to chase these guys around. RIDICULOUS

Back