Broke my engine!

COMP Cams - Cam Details

here is the cam and it has 1.6:1 roller rockers too
yea, the cam is a bit long on the tooth (I like something around the low 280's for street) but the hyd rollers rock... fresh cam and use the rest of the stuff.. I would talk to the cam supplier and give them the vehicle specs (weight, gearing,etc) and see what cam they suggest.. (usually the best option as they have the dyno time and know the torque curves on the grinds)..

Be a nice start to a good motor, full roller shortblock :)

ok thanks, if you look at the questions section at the bottom of the page it shows a full setup just add accessories for $2900

any other opinions on the engine i linked to above?
man that is a toughy... Never heard of the guy and the ASE thing? well I was a certified "Master Technician" by NAISE (ACE) two years out of school and only had "moderate" skills relative to now.. Test takers are fine but that is not a "shoe in" for knowing what they are doing...

He may make a perfectly fine motor but what is the process if there is a warranty claim? I would make crystal clear and in writting what any warranty might be.. (incl labor costs)

I used RoadRunner (MRC) out of Phx for 15 years, they sold me turnkey long blocks and if one failed? they would do the R&R and warranty the thing.. I did not have to tie up the shop and one of my guys for a full day to re-do the motor install... (was like a gift).. I think in all those years, I may have had 3 or 4 motors go sour in that time.. 1 was the installers fault, he ground the oil pickup so it would go in the pump... (could have killed him for that one)..

I am still a big fan of GM crate motors... We started out with the target 350's for $595 (no core) and they were pretty good ( a few bummers in the group, but overall, great value).. Now they offer some amazing stuff ..

I can say I have never installed a motor I bought from an unknown without a tear-down and inspection.. (yes it costs a few bucks in gaskets, but as a shop, you can not afford the comeback)

if the short block Skaz wont work for you, surf some "Crate engines" and see what you can find that way.. http://www.crateenginedepot.com/sto...GM-ENGINE-1987-1995-New-12568758-P63C273.aspx

Last edited:
That sucks that the motor went! It is a good thing that it wasn't in the bike. I am hoping to pick a crew cab chevy up when tax season gets here. I am hoping to get somewhere around an '04-'06. I really need something with a/c and heat. It is starting to suck riding a bike during the summer time here in Phoenix.

ok, i'll pay for it all.
i've got a 1,000,000.00 rupee cashiers check from the prince of Nigeria, as soon as i cash it and send him the remaining $1000.00 USD, i will hook you up brotha!

:rofl:

thx for the input folks- sorry i haven't responded- came down bad feaver yesterday... feeling pretty crappy.

Back