Broke my engine!

See i need all of you down here for a day.. we can make a reality show of it.. ill spend the money and have you all do a 24 hour rebuild on my engine... :laugh: otherwise I might end up just dropping some cash at Jegs for a crate and then pull my parts and accessories (almost brand new on all of those) and put the sucker in.. just kind of pricey.

I have swapped lots and lots of engines... and built a few with stock parts.. not really experienced in the more advanced stuff.

Last edited:
a set of pistons is not that much $$ and as I recall the motor has never been run so it is a simple swap for pistons... :thumbsup:

Woild be more tyhen just swaping out pistons. I am sure if it was built to be a forced induction motor the cam is set up for that as well as the intake. Would say the headers, but thats really a non issue if its going to be a direct swap.

machine work aside, it would take less than half that time to put her together. With a little help from some friends.:whistle:

Woild be more tyhen just swaping out pistons. I am sure if it was built to be a forced induction motor the cam is set up for that as well as the intake. Would say the headers, but thats really a non issue if its going to be a direct swap.

since when do you need forced induction to get 400hp out of a small block chevy.???

machine work aside, it would take less than half that time to put her together. With a little help from some friends.:whistle:

yea. but if you or your friend doesnt know what to do then it could be a lil more spensive :laugh:

just first one i found seemed to be a decent deal. new forged rotating assmbly and machined block. no wait. drop er in.

LOL! well thanks... does suck.. but I was secretly hoping would happen to this low output engine so I could put a new HO engine in... unfortunately I had to wait 2 hours for a tow truck because it didn't break down in my driveway and wasnt really planning on buying a new engine now... oh well... life I guess!

I've had several planned engine swaps that didn't make it to the 'planned' start date-I feel your pain, that 2 hours on the side of the can cause a man to have serious,emmotionial feelings about what they would do at that momment if they had a sledge hammer handy:laugh:depending on how far$ the tow is:please:

yea. but if you or your friend doesnt know what to do then it could be a lil more spensive :laugh:

just first one i found seemed to be a decent deal. new forged rotating assmbly and machined block. no wait. drop er in.

Thats a decent deal for a shortblock 383. oh, and no worries If I "slap it together".:thumbsup:

The motor currently has a full roller setup but you are correct, the cam wont work on a N/A motor with the current grind.. I was actually more just looking at a freshly built short block that has not been run.. He could just freshen up his existing heads, put a cam/gears, change the sheet metal all over and be on the road pretty reasonable on the $$

Sorry I had some insider info on this motor :)

A guy could use the roller setup and just change cams but I am not a fan of these on the street as a rule but they do work just fine..

If they were hyd. rollers, I would run them but flat tappet rollers are too much headache for the street IMHO..

The motor currently has a full roller setup but you are correct, the cam wont work on a N/A motor with the current grind.. I was actually more just looking at a freshly built short block that has not been run.. He could just freshen up his existing heads, put a cam/gears, change the sheet metal all over and be on the road pretty reasonable on the $$

Sorry I had some insider info on this motor :)

A guy could use the roller setup and just change cams but I am not a fan of these on the street as a rule but they do work just fine..

If they were hyd. rollers, I would run them but flat tappet rollers are too much headache for the street IMHO..

COMP Cams - Cam Details

here is the cam and it has 1.6:1 roller rockers too

$5000 aint bad, ive found a 355 w/ 380hp with intake and distributor for $3800.. just add my accessories and go... might go that route.. that one youve posts is the best deal ive seen on a zz4 since ive been looking today.

lol its built for a supercharger or turbo application although a piston chnage could fix that.

eagle forged crank and rods, je dished pistons, and dart pro 1 heads, mild street cam

0 miles on it. was to go into my chevelle but life got in the way.

just needs a nice bds blower and you'll be good to go.

Back