Broke my engine!

busa-josh

Got Tires?
Donating Member
Registered
Well, not in my bike but I blew the 350 in my 71 Chevy today (see my garage for a pic).... pretty sure I threw a rod, incredibly weird situation! Engine was running fine, then I turned it off and back on and took off at about 30 mph *knock, knock, knock, squeek, squeek, knock, BOOM!* ... blown engine....

So I am officially starting the 'Buy Josh a new 400hp 355ci Engine'!! You can just give me your credit card number and Ill use it wisely..... I accept working credit cards only with a limit of at least $4000! PM now, now, now!!

i have a low compression 383 8.25:1 collecting dust....:whistle:

:laugh:'cause you know the germans always make good stuff, right, Vince?
We Mopar folks call that "that Great GM feeling" Sorry about your ride

LOL! well thanks... does suck.. but I was secretly hoping would happen to this low output engine so I could put a new HO engine in... unfortunately I had to wait 2 hours for a tow truck because it didn't break down in my driveway and wasnt really planning on buying a new engine now... oh well... life I guess!

i have a low compression 383 8.25:1 collecting dust....:whistle:

What kind of mileage is on it? Me not being a complete gear head I need to express that I do drive my truck to get groceries and to work in bad weather and occasionally on a long trip... low compression probably wouldnt be my best option would it? Ive got a 3 speed auto with O/D and a 12-bolt rear end (3:55s).

lol its built for a supercharger or turbo application although a piston chnage could fix that.

eagle forged crank and rods, je dished pistons, and dart pro 1 heads, mild street cam

0 miles on it. was to go into my chevelle but life got in the way.

Well, I dont own a supercharger or turbo unfortunately :( Wish it could work for me so I could make you an offer.

Tear it down an have a look if you want to fix it. I used to pull out an tear down my LS-7 just for the fun of it. :laugh: I love the older cars an trucks :thumbsup: they were so simple, :laugh: you need to be a master tech an have 10K worth of tools an electronic diagnostic equipment to work on the modern hot rods :laugh:

I hear ya- need to get an engine in there in two weeks or less though.. last week of vacation is right now and i need to have some wheels other than the busa in case of ice/snow and I just dont have the experience to make it a quick repair unfortunately..... so I will tear it down.. just not now. No holes in the engine though, so thats a good sign for rebuild.

Last edited:
sorry, I dont have a credit card...but I have built my share of 400+hp small blocks and it can be done for alot less than $4000.:thumbsup:

ive pushed a piston through the cylinders before couldnt tell from outside.

i dont know exactly where ft hood is i could google it but im lazy. i know a few old hot rodders with a ton of parts laying around. if you need some parts or got a price you wanna spend i could prob source it out for ya.

Well, I dont own a supercharger or turbo unfortunately :( Wish it could work for me so I could make you an offer.

a set of pistons is not that much $$ and as I recall the motor has never been run so it is a simple swap for pistons... :thumbsup:

if the block is ok get it punched out .30 over and make it a 383 stroker with a 400 crank

Back