Some sorry sob just tried to use my credit card!!!

skydivr

Jumps from perfectly good Airplanes
Donating Member
I just got called by an electronics company, to verify a credit card purchase to my card for an Apple laptop (they do voice confirmations). NOT ME. Sorry PoS had my correct name/address/home phone, but was trying to ship to an address in Columbia, MO. Before I got off the line to cancel my card with my credit card company, I got the PoS shipping address AND email address used (gmail). Looked up the address on Google Earth. I'm too far away to go pay a visit, but is there anyone in the Columbia MO area LEO type? Cause I'd file a police report in a heartbeat.

Email: Davis.clinton30@gmail.com
Shipping: 3409 Brown Station Road, Columbia, MO 65202

Dear davis.clinton30@gmail.com

I'm the person you just tried to steal from using my credit card. Fortunately, the company caught your sorry, piece-of-**** ass trying to do it. You are lucky that I'm not within driving distance to show up at your house and beat you within an inch of your life for trying to steal from me, otherwise your doorbell would be ringing about NOW; I'm 6'4", 220lbs. of solid muscle and I am pissed off bad. You had better hope I never find you. I have contacted both Google, the FBI, and the local police department who should be arriving shortly to present you with a pair of shiny handcuffs. And if they catch you, I will have fun driving to Columbia, MO to appear in court. Stand by, *******.

Glad you discovered it in time. As far as the address in MO, I would guess that it's probably not the thief's home. Probably ships to many addresses - uses 'em once, grabs the stuff and uses a different address next time.

Also, easy with posting threats on the internet. No matter how justly deserved, if something happens to the guy, posts like that can get you into real trouble with the law.

Best of luck!

Probably true, a moment of anger; but he's going to have to show his real id to file a report.

6'4" and only 220. What are hoping he will do laugh so hard he chokes?

Great service you have to catch stuff like this.
Posted via Mobile Device

Glad your card company does voice confirmations. I had someone steal from me while I was on a NAVY ship between San Diego and Hawaii. The credit company fought with me saying I was in Colorado at the time the purchases were made. It took me 5 years to clear the whole mess up!

Good think you got the address and e-mail. File a report with your local PD and ask them if there is something thing they can do if it is over the state line. I dont know for sure, but hopefully something can be done.

Best of luck!

It wasn't the card company, it was the vendor that the card was presented to, doing their own fraud protection. And i was very careful not to provide any info (in case it was a phish); my card company saw the transaction.

Dino, I'm not nearly that big, so I just took a wild guess.:thumbsup:

P.S. How the heck are you getting your mobile device to work? I can't get pass the login (looks like it requires Java, and Iphones don't have it). If you know how, PM me please.

Last edited:
Back