Brocks Gen 3

Doesn't fit the gen 3, Brock could prob fix that in a weekend buy nah.
Gen 2 exhausts, even slipons, work with Gen 3 no problem. It's the same frame and outside the same motor. The difference is the 02 sensors which they sell adapter kits for or just get a flash and delete the 02s alltogether

Reactions: pcs
1698154331767.png

Not to be a pain, because I am generally interested, but when I asked Brocks & even MM, they both stated its not compatible, something about the pipe hitting or not lining up with the foot peg or something. Being titanium, they made it sound like its not a simple modification or fix and I was talked out of purchasing. If someone did attempt this and has pictures and evidence I would love to better understand, but I don't feel like being 1st on this project.

My point kind of being that If I am going to spend 3K on an exhaust I would like it to fit perfectly without having to hack into it or anything. Being Brock made this exhaust, owns a Gen 3, and has all the CAD files on hand, I am just not sure why he refuses to sit down for a weekend and make the correction to this full exhaust kit and market a new one as a gen 3 system. There are probably 2 dozen people on this forum alone who would purchase that kit. Instead we are chasing Cams for the 1 percenters.

I'm sure I could enjoy a new set of Cams as long as no midrange HP is sacrificed, most of us probably spend the most time rolling from 3K rpm up to 8K and back down while out for a spirited stroll. I just don't see many owners tearing down their bike to install a new set of cams, that's usually reserved for really serious gear heads or again someone chasing a 1/4 mile time.

View attachment 1671962

Not to be a pain, because I am generally interested, but when I asked Brocks & even MM, they both stated its not compatible, something about the pipe hitting or not lining up with the foot peg or something. Being titanium, they made it sound like its not a simple modification or fix and I was talked out of purchasing. If someone did attempt this and has pictures and evidence I would love to better understand, but I don't feel like being 1st on this project.

My point kind of being that If I am going to spend 3K on an exhaust I would like it to fit perfectly without having to hack into it or anything. Being Brock made this exhaust, owns a Gen 3, and has all the CAD files on hand, I am just not sure why he refuses to sit down for a weekend and make the correction to this full exhaust kit and market a new one as a gen 3 system. There are probably 2 dozen people on this forum alone who would purchase that kit. Instead we are chasing Cams for the 1 percenters.

I'm sure I could enjoy a new set of Cams as long as no midrange HP is sacrificed, most of us probably spend the most time rolling from 3K rpm up to 8K and back down while out for a spirited stroll. I just don't see many owners tearing down their bike to install a new set of cams, that's usually reserved for really serious gear heads or again someone chasing a 1/4 mile time.

From what I recall from a member here who tried it, the problem was clearance around the Gen3's quickshifter and footpeg on that side.

Did that member find a way to make it work, would one need to bend the exhaust or simply move to an aftermarket footpeg / rear-sets. I have yet to see any evidence of someone pulling this off and suppling photos + a break down of the effort.

Did that member find a way to make it work, would one need to bend the exhaust or simply move to an aftermarket footpeg / rear-sets. I have yet to see any evidence of someone pulling this off and suppling photos + a break down of the effort.

I don't know, I just remember it being in a Gen3 exhaust thread last year.

Reactions: pcs
View attachment 1671962

Interesting, I had never seen that.

There is a member here with a Gen 2 Yoshi full ti dual can system, I cant for the life of me remember who it is though. I know they post a lot so I hope they see this. Yoshi Japan (webike) has them for sale and I believe its even with the R77 dual cans. I know that when I had a Gen 2 exhaust on my bike foot clearance was a bit of an issue when Id be cruising and relax my feet. My heels would hit the pipe before the muffler sometimes. Good to know about the CT dual though

This winter I will be working on removing the cat and welding in an X pipe to my stock headers. If I pull that off I'll be sure to post pics and data etc.

Interesting, I had never seen that.

There is a member here with a Gen 2 Yoshi full ti dual can system, I cant for the life of me remember who it is though. I know they post a lot so I hope they see this. Yoshi Japan (webike) has them for sale and I believe its even with the R77 dual cans. I know that when I had a Gen 2 exhaust on my bike foot clearance was a bit of an issue when Id be cruising and relax my feet. My heels would hit the pipe before the muffler sometimes. Good to know about the CT dual though

it's @Ked0607 who has that

This winter I will be working on removing the cat and welding in an X pipe to my stock headers. If I pull that off I'll be sure to post pics and data etc.
Someone on the Gen 3 FB group just did that and it turned out really well

If I was so bent on titanium dual exhaust, I'd buy this and modify it to fit...

Ive always loved these mufflers

tThey make this one gen 3 specific too. I wish Yoshi USA would use TI like they do in Japan

Back