Brocks brick ??

24k05BusaRider

Registered
Im slowly getting into racing my bike. I hope to start soon. I had seen this while lookings for parts and I was curious of who is using this and if its worth it. Im sure this could be made by most. As for me I plan to keep my bike stock wheel base, I was thinking it might be a good thing to keep my front end down.

it works great on stock wheel base bikes. makes people think your slower than you are. most dont look for the brick. a buddy of mine had a 1507 stock wheel base busa. mikey slowe went an 8.58 on it with 40 pounds of weight on the front of it.

(captain @ Sep. 24 2007,18:36) Professor does
Professor has more tricks than that. I'm considering doing them to mine. I'll let him tell the tale and explain how it was done though.
beerchug.gif

I'm happy with my brick. I also have an axle that has 2.7lbs of lead in it. It will still wheelie, it just doesn’t come up near as easy and as fast. Since adding them, I have carried the front from launch to near the top of 2nd a couple of times.

practice and you will end up with a good clutch hand.I got a few stock wb bikes,no weight and been 10.30 at stock height,gear and stock exhaust,and other swb busa has been 9.80 stock motor,pipe,no pc or fuel added,light wheels..practice is the key...

(GoldenChild @ Sep. 24 2007,23:45) practice and you will end up with a good clutch hand.I got a few stock wb bikes,no weight and been 10.30 at stock height,gear and stock exhaust,and other swb busa has been 9.80 stock motor,pipe,no pc or fuel added,light wheels..practice is the key...
Good advice. The clutch release is very, VERY important.  

However a guy has to really look at his goals. Do you want the lowest possible time or do you want to be competitive bracket racing?  With me it is not all about the low times. I ran a 9.95 and a 9.98 a few months before I installed the Brick. I ran a few 9.97x a couple of weeks ago with the Brick. I didn't gain as far as ET (although I can tell there is more potential there).  I’m working on consistency and repeatability.  My August race qualifying times.  10.108 10.175 10.199 10.185 10.162 10.221. On the first run my launch was 250-500 rpm higher and not as clean as I wanted.  The last run was testing back at 500 rpm higher to see what the reaction time did. A bit much. My best 60’ for the day with a red light and a wheelie, making me roll back slightly on the throttle. So throwing the 1st pass and last pass out (I know why they were different) 4 runs within 4 hundredths of a second with stock arm, no bar. Elimination runs that day 10.189 10.190 10.116 10.169 10.203 10.210 10.192 10.139   One of the two 10.2s was 10 mph or so slower indicating I rolled off the throttle before the lights.

I can run the 9.9s with it, but it is not quite as consistent as backing off a bit.

(Professor @ Sep. 25 2007,05:02)
(GoldenChild @ Sep. 24 2007,23:45) practice and you will end up with a good clutch hand.I got a few stock wb bikes,no weight and been 10.30 at stock height,gear and stock exhaust,and other swb busa has been 9.80 stock motor,pipe,no pc or fuel added,light wheels..practice is the key...
Good advice. The clutch release is very, VERY important.  

However a guy has to really look at his goals. Do you want the lowest possible time or do you want to be competitive bracket racing?  With me it is not all about the low times. I ran a 9.95 and a 9.98 a few months before I installed the Brick. I ran a few 9.97x a couple of weeks ago with the Brick. I didn't gain as far as ET (although I can tell there is more potential there).  I’m working on consistency and repeatability.  My August race qualifying times.  10.108 10.175 10.199 10.185 10.162 10.221. On the first run my launch was 250-500 rpm higher and not as clean as I wanted.  The last run was testing back at 500 rpm higher to see what the reaction time did. A bit much. My best 60’ for the day with a red light and a wheelie, making me roll back slightly on the throttle. So throwing the 1st pass and last pass out (I know why they were different) 4 runs within 4 hundredths of a second with stock arm, no bar. Elimination runs that day 10.189 10.190 10.116 10.169 10.203 10.210 10.192 10.139   One of the two 10.2s was 10 mph or so slower indicating I rolled off the throttle before the lights.

I can run the 9.9s with it, but it is not quite as consistent as backing off a bit.
is your bike stock height?

Im goin for consistency. I plan on going to the track with Johnny from Exoticycle. He said he would teach me to launch along with a few other racing tips.

(Superbusa @ Sep. 25 2007,11:38) is your bike stock height?
No, I am dosn about 1.5 inches in the rear and 2 in the front (forks moved 1.3-1.5 and the rest with a strap)

So how do I enroll at Professor's School of Racing? Frank Hawley is full
smile.gif

You know you're not too far from me.....

(Busa Jules @ Sep. 28 2007,09:06) So how do I enroll at Professor's School of Racing? Frank Hawley is full
smile.gif

Come on to the get together at Captain's In October.

He purposely set it up with the PMRA final Race @ Thunder Valley in Noble, Oklahoma that Saturday. I plan on Testing and Tuning that Friday night before. Maybe you could give me a few pointers. Come on and bring the bike(s). It will be fun!

There is quite a bit I don’t know. I’d love to go to a class. With a street tire, no-bar bracket bike, I don’t know who where I’d go for sure. Rickey Gadson’s is so far away, but he is working on a class in our area. It is looking like Red River Raceway Louisiana.
I’m considering it.

(Professor @ Sep. 28 2007,09:30)
(Busa Jules @ Sep. 28 2007,09:06) So how do I enroll at Professor's School of Racing? Frank Hawley is full
smile.gif

Come on to the get together at Captain's In October.

He purposely set it up with the PMRA final Race @ Thunder Valley in Noble, Oklahoma that Saturday. I plan on Testing and Tuning that Friday night before.  Maybe you could give me a few pointers. Come on and bring the bike(s). It will be fun!

There is quite a bit I don’t know. I’d love to go to a class. With a street tire, no-bar bracket bike, I don’t know who where I’d go for sure. Rickey Gadson’s is so far away, but he is working on a class in our area. It is looking like Red River Raceway Louisiana.
I’m considering it.
Red River is right around the corner from me (well kinda)..

I'd love to do some sort of class....

I thought about talking to Peggy Llewylln about it (she gives me lots of pointers and help but she has never seen me run in person... just looking at time slips)

Man.. October is a rough month for me.... I teach... I need stuff in the summer and around Major holidays

Back