Brocks clutch cushion

@Djmurria

with the sleeves from ´03 and later the 15 dia-pumps work fine - the sleeves piston diameter is 36 mm.
the ´99-´02 sleeves have 38 mm dia
if you have a 38 sleeve change it by the 36 and all will be fine - fits 100%
and the clutch is still a one-finger-clutch.
in other words,
in contrast, the pistons from '99-'02 had 38mm, which then leads to a very early engagement, which at least for me was too early - a little more lever way was clearly my wish, which then happened with the 36mm sleeve (piston).

stronger springs / support for sleeve - the support is absolutely / imperatively necessary and unavoidable at the gen1, because otherwise, after only a few 100 miles, usually the sprocket cover breaks / cracks and the clutch fails as a result.

@Djmurria

with the sleeves from ´03 and later the 15 dia-pumps work fine - the sleeves piston diameter is 36 mm.
the ´99-´02 sleeves have 38 mm dia
if you have a 38 sleeve change it by the 36 and all will be fine - fits 100%
and the clutch is still a one-finger-clutch.
in other words,
in contrast, the pistons from '99-'02 had 38mm, which then leads to a very early engagement, which at least for me was too early - a little more lever way was clearly my wish, which then happened with the 36mm sleeve (piston).

stronger springs / support for sleeve - the support is absolutely / imperatively necessary and unavoidable at the gen1, because otherwise, after only a few 100 miles, usually the sprocket cover breaks / cracks and the clutch fails as a result.
Ok thanks, when you say early engagement, it engages close to the grip and you have to pull all the way in for it to disengage? Was planning on replacing the slave vs rebuilding it. Already got the springs and slave support my cover was starting to crack caught it in time.

Back