Brakes

I may be a little confused, but from memory, the wires going to the actual rear brake switch are fixed to the switch. The only connector is at the other end of the wires that plug back into the bike's main loom. THe switch and wires are all one unit - sort of
You are right, II just looked it up and the switch wires are fixed and go to a harness

I may be a little confused, but from memory, the wires going to the actual rear brake switch are fixed to the switch. The only connector is at the other end of the wires that plug back into the bike's main loom. THe switch and wires are all one unit - sort of
Makes sense. Thanks

Where is the other end? Is there a connector into the harness?

Not many pictures of it out there but here's one...

rear brake switch.jpeg

OK, went out and did a bunch of hard stops as suggested. Front brakes are definitely good now. Loud and kinda grindy sounding but stop well. Rear not so great

What's wrong with the rear brakes?
Which pads did you use on those?
EP's normally sound a little different, but I only found it noticeable if you were paying direct attention to it.

What's wrong with the rear brakes?
Which pads did you use on those?
EP's normally sound a little different, but I only found it noticeable if you were paying direct attention to it.
Rear just feel weak. Perhaps I'm expecting too much. Pads are EBT FA419HH

The rear brake on these things is nothing to write home about....
And that just be the thing. This is my first ABS bike, I'm used to being able to skid the rear wheel (not that this is a practical thing). I probably just need to get used to it and not judge it against previous bikes I've had. With the new lines and pads it definitely stops well now, huge difference from before.

I don’t know that you can find the EBC extreme pro pads anymore, but that was a very easy fix for brakes on my G2. Never an issue on the street increased braking tremendously and did not wear out my rotors as was stated to me in ‘08-‘09. Braided lines will obviously do a lot but I never went to the trouble after going extreme pro

I don’t know that you can find the EBC extreme pro pads anymore, but that was a very easy fix for brakes on my G2. Never an issue on the street increased braking tremendously and did not wear out my rotors as was stated to me in ‘08-‘09. Braided lines will obviously do a lot but I never went to the trouble after going extreme pro
I put a 100K miles on the bike

Back