Brakes

I don’t know that you can find the EBC extreme pro pads anymore, but that was a very easy fix for brakes on my G2. Never an issue on the street increased braking tremendously and did not wear out my rotors as was stated to me in ‘08-‘09. Braided lines will obviously do a lot but I never went to the trouble after going extreme pro
Took me a long time to find and get the Extreme Pros.

I don’t know that you can find the EBC extreme pro pads anymore, but that was a very easy fix for brakes on my G2. Never an issue on the street increased braking tremendously and did not wear out my rotors as was stated to me in ‘08-‘09. Braided lines will obviously do a lot but I never went to the trouble after going extreme pro

He did, and the EP are still out there.
But they are difficult to find, and not on EBC's website either.
I sent them a couple of emails too, but got no response.

The decision is yours....check out EBC brakes.com and compare and then buy...

For the record, I run HH sintered and although I don't ride real hard these days, I've yet to have yet to have any issues scrubbing off speed or stopping hard.....I don't have ABS or anything like you have either..

the brake pad thread is like the tire, chain, oil, air filter, etc thread...you will get 10 different opinions from 9 people...

Looks like people are doing a lot of mods to the brakes now a days. Having a 2011 I've got the older Tokico system but I never remember it being bad on my earlier 2010 after I'd fitted the EBC double sintered. I just ordered a set, but only for the front as the rear seems to work really well and I don't want it working any better because it's a good match for the rear on my T7 which I also ride a lot. Just one less thing I have to adjust to when I go from one bike to the other.

But no, my front brakes really do feel lame, I haven't pulled a caliper off yet to see but they need the EBC upgrade. I'm glad the early bikes don't have ABS, It can save you in that 1:1000 event but unless it's a perfect system it can cause more harm than good. I prefer to rely on my old skills, keep my distance and go slow in the rain. One other thing is how reliable is the ABS system after 10 or 15 years? They are as dear as poison to replace. I read some of the older threads here about the EBC Extremes and about the warning that they only work really well when hot? I don't know how accurate that is but I know the harsher the pads the more wear to the rotors and I don't want to wear mine out! I tend to slow down under engine braking in the hills or mild front at the most. It's just for those freaky situations and for overall confidence you want serious braking power.

Isn't it interesting how you can ride a great bike yet when something niggles you you can't rest until it's modded. Once it's modded though you feel like you're the world's best rider :firing:
How could you feel otherwise on arguably the world's best motorcycle.

In my mind, the best colour scheme was this one. 2014

ANNAVERSARY-01.jpg

Or this one

ANNERVERR.jpg

Back