Brakes

You can
Revilla is pretty much always out of stock on everything I want. Looks like I'll need a reservoir too. Does anyone sell a kit with everything I'll need?
get the plastic cups or go with rizoma. I went with rizoma and then I couldn’t stop looking at the mismatched setup compared to my clutch MC so I added a brembo clutch MC and matching rizoma cup as well, but I’m sure a lot of people would think doing this is nuts since it gets expensive in a hurry. I love my brakes though. Best I can explain it is that it feels like I’m pinching the brake rotors with two fingers myself. That’s how great the feedback from this setup is.

You can

get the plastic cups or go with rizoma. I went with rizoma and then I couldn’t stop looking at the mismatched setup compared to my clutch MC so I added a brembo clutch MC and matching rizoma cup as well, but I’m sure a lot of people would think doing this is nuts since it gets expensive in a hurry. I love my brakes though. Best I can explain it is that it feels like I’m pinching the brake rotors with two fingers myself. That’s how great the feedback from this setup is.
Rizoma? Never heard of them. They make master cylinders?

Rizoma? Never heard of them. They make master cylinders?
Reservoirs. They are proud of them too. :laugh:
You can see them in this pic.

9D2EE1A5-02D3-49F7-9519-B251F8DCF371.jpeg

They look high, like hit the fairing high.
Hi. I have Beringer Brakes all the way around. I make all of my own lines also. My calipers were $1,300 each with the Titanium pistons the master cylinder was$750. The rear set up was $750. with the DME rear rotor I bought every thing from DME. SO I have about $4,700.00 in my brakes. They are at or just as good as the Brembo's that they use in Moto GP.

Do I need to pull the fuel tank to change these lines? I know the ABS unit is under there.

It's probably easier to.
You would have to remove the visible front 2 tank bolts regardless.
After that, there are just 2 bolts that hold the rear of the tank, the hinge mount.
And the fuel line, pull the clip out of the fitting on the end of the fuel line, and the line slides off the metal tube on the bottom of the tank.
You can lay the tank on it's side on a towel to prevent scratching it.
You can also get a pack of multiple size rubber vacuum line plugs/caps at an autoparts store. One of them will slide on the metal tube on the tank, to keep gas from coming out.
The tank is very easy to remove.

Screenshot_20230225-202121_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230225-202130_Gallery.jpg

They look high, like hit the fairing high.
Need a touring screen to clear and I have helibars and a triple clamp spacer. Not sure how this would look/work on stock handlebars but others have done it. The mounting brackets are just two pieces of “L” brackets I cut so the reservoirs could be adjusted using other types of minting brackets to help clear things.

Need a touring screen to clear and I have helibars and a triple clamp spacer. Not sure how this would look/work on stock handlebars but others have done it. The mounting brackets are just two pieces of “L” brackets I cut so the reservoirs could be adjusted using other types of minting brackets to help clear things.
Seems like they would have a more compact, everything together, solution.

It's probably easier to.
You would have to remove the visible front 2 tank bolts regardless.
After that, there are just 2 bolts that hold the rear of the tank, the hinge mount.
And the fuel line, pull the clip out of the fitting on the end of the fuel line, and the line slides off the metal tube on the bottom of the tank.
You can lay the tank on it's side on a towel to prevent scratching it.
You can also get a pack of multiple size rubber vacuum line plugs/caps at an autoparts store. One of them will slide on the metal tube on the tank, to keep gas from coming out.
The tank is very easy to remove.

View attachment 1663322

View attachment 1663323
Unfortunately the tank is pretty much full. No biggie, I'll siphon it down.

I'll check the manual for removal process.

Thanks!

Seems like they would have a more compact, everything together, solution.
The good thing about the Hayabusa is-it's the most modified sport bike on the planet and as the gen 2 has been around for many years, almost everything and anything has been done to it.....we get the benefit of many different people doing many different mods..

There are very few surprises or experiments anymore when it comes to a gen 1 or 2...the answer is only a click or two away.

Why are there two holes on each side of the tank skirt that seem to correspond to nothing? Is the tank used on another application?
Although this is more of a question for a Suzuki engineer...I would say Suzuki maybe had various plans and thought they might need those holes for something??

I don't believe this tank is used on any other bike....

Although this is more of a question for a Suzuki engineer...I would say Suzuki maybe had various plans and thought they might need those holes for something??

I don't believe this tank is used on any other bike....
I wish I had access to a Suzuki engineer!

Back