Bought tires yesterday Dunlop Q-2"s

RUQWKNF27

Registered
Bought them at cycle gear since they matched chapparels online price. Guy there was real biased toward continental Conti mile"s for some reason said everything else was junk. Kinda pissed me off! They also had Pirelli diablos on sale there front and back for 182.00.

I simply asked if they would ! Then I had to show them on my phone chapparels price . Chap has them On sale now 172 rear 105 front. They wanted 215 rear 117 front. I went with 200
Mm on back also.

So your going to be one more Q2 addict. Best street racing/track day tire made. You will get spoiled on them for every day riding.

I hope so I just got this bike and it has 10,700 on the front org. bridgestone and a Shinko Stealth on the rear. I just can't be having this on my bike.

Q2's are great! Predictable, and nice grip.

But this is what mine looked like at 2400 miles. Maybe you should order two sets :laugh:

d756528f.jpg

Q2's are great! Predictable, and nice grip.

But this is what mine looked like at 2400 miles. Maybe you should order two sets :laugh:

d756528f.jpg

Try a Q2 front and a Roadsmart rear(sport touring tire). They will wear evenly front to rear.
Although I still don't quite get 3k a set, it's better than getting 1.5k to 2k out of the rear with a little life left in the front.
Even though the Roadsmart is a little harder and a sport touring tire, it still grips great. I have no chicken strips and have never had a grip issue. I like the Q2 rear a little better, but the Roadsmart rear is more cost effective for hard street riding.
It's nice to see the sides wearing out before the middle(you have to go straight sometimes:laugh:).

SDC11477.jpg

SDC11210.jpg

SDC11211.jpg

I'm a Q2 fanatic on the track, but can't stomach the low mileage on the street. I run a Q2 front / Roadsmart rear combo on my Busa and it works out just fine. Lots of mileage and good grip in the twisties.

Bought them at cycle gear since they matched chapparels online price. Guy there was real biased toward continental Conti mile"s for some reason said everything else was junk. Kinda pissed me off! They also had Pirelli diablos on sale there front and back for 182.00.
I wouldn't say everything else was junk....but I REALLY like running conti's on my 04 busa. They make it feel the lightest and most neutral handling of any tire I've ran so far, stick like glue, and last twice as long as anything else comparable I've tried yet :thumbsup:
I still have more to try tho :laugh:

it could be my 5 month riding hiatus, or the cheep tires i put on, but i just don't have the confidance that i did with Q2's.

next $200 set i find im going to buy a few sets. :rulez:

i miss my Q2's :bowdown:

Try a Q2 front and a Roadsmart rear(sport touring tire). They will wear evenly front to rear.
Although I still don't quite get 3k a set, it's better than getting 1.5k to 2k out of the rear with a little life left in the front.
Even though the Roadsmart is a little harder and a sport touring tire, it still grips great. I have no chicken strips and have never had a grip issue. I like the Q2 rear a little better, but the Roadsmart rear is more cost effective for hard street riding.
It's nice to see the sides wearing out before the middle(you have to go straight sometimes:laugh:).

I've got a set of Roadsmart II's on order. (Been riding the GF's SV650 until they get here :laugh: )

I'm hoping they'll last a bit longer, and still stick. Maybe I'll write up a review once I get to test them out.

Back