WooHoo!! New tires are on the way

BigBadDodge

Registered
Left the bike sitting last night at 42psi, came out this morning rear was at 33(after tightening valve stem) got home this afternoon and tightened the core at it was at 25, filled it back up but was looking around online tonight and ordered pirelli diablos front and rear from motorcycle superstore for $281 shipped. Down fall is it'll be about a week but its not worth the 20 bucks to get it dismounted and get the valve stem changed out when its gonna need tires this summer anyway. If the rear holds air i'll keep it as a spare.

Local dealer wanted 260 for my rear in a dunlop elite 3, Both my brother and i have had terrible luck with dunlops so for the price figured i'd give these a try

They have got to be better than the shinkos that are on there now:banghead::banghead: Granted they have 6500 miles on em but are horrid when cold, i dont run twistys to often and they seemed to be alright when i have but unless that tires hot you touch the rear brake and she starts sliding:banghead:

Not a bad price for the set, especially since the rear is a bit swollen :whistle:

Smellphone via Forum Runner

Called Everywhere in town that sells bike tires only one place had a rear in stock and that was that dunlop. My honda was tearing apart dunlops and it was nice and light, same with my brothers. He went to michelins, figured i ran pirrellis once before and they were great so i'll try these out.

Should arrive just in time for the weather to go back to regularly scheduled crap!

I got a set of Diablos when Cycle Gear had em for $199 (sorry to tell you lol) and they're okay so far. I don't really hit it hard on the corners anymore but when I feel like getting a little loose these have performed well enough. They're my street set, then I have a sticky shinko rear for the drag strip. I was noticing that the rear did wear quite a bit faster than I was expecting though. ???

Looky what was waiting for me when i got home yesterday :laugh:

Praying the front wheel bearings come in tomorrow so i can ride this weekend, but more than likely wont see those till mid next week :banghead:
tires.jpg

Back