Mixing tire types, same brand??

Big Moe

Registered
Tonite the local cycle gear had a "after hours" sale from 7-9pm in which most everything in the store was on sale. Well, in the middle of the isle they had a stack of tires that were 50% off regular price. Long story short, I found a front 120/70/17 Pirelli Rosso and a 190/50-17 Pirelli Roso Corsa and bought them both for $191. Will these two types work together or was it a mistake? Thanks in advance!!

Chris

pirelli.jpg

pirelli2.jpg

pirelli3.jpg

Wish i could answer your question, someone will be along shortly that has the scoop on that compound and tire brand. Aside from that, lots of guys mix tire compounds. Personal preference I guess. Looks to me like you got a good deal.

I have a Dunlop Qualifier on the front and a Dunlop Roadsmart on the rear of my 06. I was burning through the rear Qualifiers about 3 to 1 compared to the front.

I am not going to the track on this bike and my skills keep me in check on the road...so I cant tell a difference on having mixed tires.

you should be just fine with that mix...if memory serves the rear is a little softer then that front. So you probably will burn it much faster then the front.

i just got the rosso corso. cant wait to try it out. my front is a strada. i doubt it would be a big deal really...

I know some of my friends use to mix Michelin tires and run Pilot Powers on Front and Pilot Road on the rear. They felt more comfortable with the extra grip on the front and better tire life on the rear.
Posted via Mobile Device

Those two Pirelli's will work perfectly for you. You should get many miles of enjoyment and the price was S.W.E.E.T

I am running a Conti Sport Attack on the front with a Conti Road Attack on the rear. No problems at all. I don't think you will have any problems. If I remember correctly, the big NO-NO was mixing radial and bias-ply tires.

i have the pirelli diabo rosso and they are great. they have about 4 months of ride time on em, hope I get good mileage out of them

I'm running a Pirelli Angel up front and a Strada in the rear. No issues but i got a better deal at Cycle Gear for the front, i picked up a Pirelli Diablo. I only paid 60ish for mine. I buy whats on sale and may mix match treads but always stay with same manufactuer. You'll be fine.

I used both (rosso and rosso corsa),,, the rosso corsa is more grippy and wont last you as long as the Rosso,,,i would ride normally with your setup but i wouldn't push it too hard on corners .... thats just my 2 cents...

ive got the diablo on the front, and angel on the rear and no problems. i think the main thing is to atleast keep both tires from the same maker.

They will work fine, And very good deal also.

I know some of my friends use to mix Michelin tires and run Pilot Powers on Front and Pilot Road on the rear. They felt more comfortable with the extra grip on the front and better tire life on the rear.
Posted via Mobile Device

I've used that combo a couple of times. Works very well for street use, and they wear at an even rate.

Back