Bought Myself A Present...

JINKSTER

I Love my Wife!
Donating Member
Registered
The local super stealership had sent me a christmas card coupon for 20% off any parts or accessories....and since I just lost 40lbs in the last 4 months my beloved riding jackets have gotten a little "flappy" on me when at speed so...time for a new tighter fitting jacket and...here's what I got....

Cortech2.jpg

It's a...

"Cortech....( uh-duuuh, like I hadta tell you. right? LOL! )HRX Jacket"

It's basically a textile mesh jacket with brazilian leather in the shoulder, elbow and kidney areas and removable CE Approved foam elbow/back and shoulder pads with external hardshell armour on the shoulders. (which include these cool little air vents)

But the things I really liked about the HRX Jacket was....

"It's Versatility W/ The 2-Stage Liner System":

Like I said the jacket itself is hybrid textile mesh outter shell jacket with leather and armour in all the right places with a mesh liner designed to afford maximum coolness in hot weather while still offering up fantastic levels of protection.

It includes a well sorted "2-Stage" liner system which is comprised off...

a. A waterproof windbreaker  and...

b. A thermal liner

which both zip into the body of the jacket and lash/loop snap in not one but two locations at the sleeve ends. And here's the cool part?..when zipped out?...The waterproof windbreaker is designed to be worn as a normal/civilian type windbreaker jacket and/or?...you can zip in the thermal liner for use as a thermally lined windbreaker....so?...wind, cold, wet or hot?...riding your busa or strolling the park?....you're set with this jacket!
biggrin.gif

"Comfort and Mobility":

I've been riding perfed leather for some time now (my beloved Kob'e Dragon Breeze and matching dragon breeze leather pants which were custom tailored for old fat boy here?..will probably be up for sale shortly) but...it appears to me that the hybrid texmesh/leather jackets look like they'll still afford reasonable if not great levels of protection and...this thing now makes my Kob'e leather feel like I was trying to ride while wearing a cardboard box...i.e....I'm finding that I have faaarrrr more manueverability in the Cortech HRX than I did the Kob'e 100% Leather and the comfort and mobility of "that change" is exquisite...as well is the neoprene lined neck/collar...which is tailored perfectly TO NOT...interfer with, or impeded my head movement in any way...and I love that!
biggrin.gif

"Protection":

imho?...This jacket doesn't appear to be lacking (or compromising) any signifigant part of it and the generously sized leather panels, armour and padding in this jacket appear to be sufficient if not extremely substancial for a texmesh shell/leather jacket of this affordability and price point...impact wise?....I'd actually choose this HRX OVER my Kob'e...as the placement and SIZE of the leather panels should handle any "Abrasion Issues" with acceptable levels of proficiently.

Besides...It matched my new Scorpion EXO helmet rather nicely!....doncha think? LOL!!!

Outside of that?...other information: It has two external zippered hand pockets and two internal pockets...one which accomodates a cell phone and the other a wallet and I like it so much I might even order up the matching Cortech HRX Pants.
biggrin.gif

Price?: MSRP/Retails for $229...with my 20% off and after the tax man mine rang the chime at $195...real reasonable for a jacket so versitle and well executed...besides...Tourmaster Cortech products have never let me down over the years and have never failed to impress me....so?...I guess I can live with wearing their billboarded logo for...well?....a while at least.
biggrin.gif

Hope you enjoyed that and...L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

<!--EDIT|JINKSTER
Reason for Edit: None given...|1135929246 -->

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

Cool jacket Jinkster. Now the cops can identify you "REAL EASY"
sad.gif

Congratulations on the weight loss, by the way!

Thanks folks...and I gotta tell ya...a couple weeks ago, when I first checked this jacket out?....my initial thought was....

"Dang. If only I was 20 years younger I'd buy this jacket."

as "the kid in me" really liked it and it's features but..."the all black johnny cash old man in me" prohibited such styling folley...and all the while knowing I needed a new and tighter fitting jacket?...it haunted me for the weeks that followed...and last night?..."the kid in me" said...

"Screw The Old Man!!!"
laugh.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

Congrats on the weight loss. Nice jacket. The color goes well with the Silver/Gray (which happens to be the fastest).

I thought you were looking a little thinner in those pic's. I was going to ask, but I don't have to now.

Nice jacket.

Later,

Steve

Cool jacket Jinkster. Now the cops can identify you "REAL EASY"
sad.gif

Congratulations on the weight loss, by the way!
Really?...there's a part of me that agrees with you but...I thought that's what "License Plates/Tags" were for...and if they can read either I was probably going too slow.
laugh.gif

But for the sake of debate?...okay..hypothetically?..lets say they do..."Identified me by my Jacket"...now what?
laugh.gif

Heck...if we all thought that way?...there'd be no such thing as a Busa in "Arrest Me Red" and we'd all be wearing black leather fringed out vests and jeans...with a head rag and shades.
laugh.gif

Jus yanking your chain Tuf
laugh.gif
...hey..turnabout is fair play right?..and...good to hear from ya and thanks for the compliments on the weight loss.
biggrin.gif

<!--EDIT|JINKSTER
Reason for Edit: None given...|1135964025 -->

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Good looking Jacket and it goes great with the lid. Nice review. I'll have to try one on the next time I'm at the shop.

Thanks folks...and I gotta tell ya...a couple weeks ago, when I first checked this jacket out?....my initial thought was....

as "the kid in me" really liked it and it's features but..."the all black johnny cash old man in me" prohibited such styling folley...and all the while knowing I needed a new and tighter fitting jacket?...it haunted me for the weeks that followed...and last night?..."the kid in me" said...

"Screw The Old Man!!!"
laugh.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif
I like your attitude! You're as young as you feel!!!! After all....aren't we all 29
rock.gif
? LOL!!!

I like the jacket and if it feels good and is comfy and protective that's all that counts really.

"Screw The Old Man!!!"
laugh.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif
I like your attitude! You're as young as you feel!!!! After all....aren't we all 29
rock.gif
? LOL!!!

I like the jacket and if it feels good and is comfy and protective that's all that counts really.
Yep...and one of the more profound statements from the motorcycling community I've been privilaged to hear and benefit from is....

"You Don't Quit Riding Cause Ya Got Old...You Got Old Because You Quit Riding!"

I'm 47 years old...I have lost many close riding aqquaintances over the years to bikes like ST1300's Beamers and Goldwings too the excuse of old age and the "I'm Getting Old" syndrome...they wear 3/4 helmets with microphones and hold their bike meets at Dunkin Doughnuts...well, that ain't me and I ain'y anywhere's near ready for Dunkin Doughtnts...yet.....Thank God. :

Ya might hafta grow up in this world but ya don't hafta grow old...growing old is a decision one makes in ones own mind...to give up and give in...and not....necessarily a fact of life.

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

cool.gif

We are the same age! I'm just getting younger and loving every minute of my life!!! I love it that I'm a grandma and my kids are all grown and successful and that I have my bike and a wonderful community of friends to ride with. Life is an adventure to enjoy!!!! That's exactly what I'm doing! No "Dunkin Donuts" for me.

<!--EDIT|scootergirl
Reason for Edit: None given...|1136004272 -->

I turn 48 in a month, and my Busa is the first bike I've had in 15 years. Old is just a state of mind! I believe riding keeps ones mental acuity young and intact
wink.gif

Back