Preferred leather jacket?

dagwood

Registered
I've got a textile jacket for the cold, and a mesh for the brutally hot Arizona heat. I'd like to add a nice perforated (with removeable liner) leather jacket to the line-up. Wondering if there is a brand or model of choice among the constituency...what say you?

And why isn't there a "GEAR" section on the org?

Leathers are a real individual choice, however I tried on some really nice Joe Rocket perf'd the other day. The Speedmaster model. See www.newenough.com

I have the AlpineStars Stage jacket, which is perforated leather- In the month that I've had it, it's loosened up a bit and I love it. I tried on about 10 other jackets before I got this one, and can't speak highly enough about it.

BUSAFETT

I have a joe rocket 88 that is perforated. It comes with a removeable insulated full sleeve liner. Has pockets for optional armor. what I really like about it is I can wear it even when I'm not on my bike and not look like a squid. It has a full collar that snaps down. Goes well with street or cruiser style bikes. I also like the joe rocket sonic that is perforated.

Just bought the new AGV Hayabusa jacket! Love the leather feel, I also have a Joe Rocket 2.0 Blaster perforated leather jacket, and i love em both! Hayabusa jacket is still stiff, but will break in soon enough!

DSCN0304.JPG

Vanson makes some nice gear...but just didn't fit me right. I tried on a 46 jacket and fit real nice in the upper area, but I think they forgot to add about 4 inche's of leather on the bottom half. I couldnt believe how short their jackets were. My alpinestars usually ride at waist height, but the bottom of the Vanson rode just above my belly-button. Not sure If it was a defect, but even the dealer said I must have a long torso...because it looked really odd...and I dont think my torso is unusually long...other parts, maybe, but just didnt fit good for me at all = Try On Your Gear before you Purchase.

for street I wear ICON Motorhead jacket. It has a removable inner layer for the summer months, vents and is very tolerable under 110 degree heat (I live in the High Desert of Southern Cali).

for track: Joe Rocket GPX 2 piece suit. Very warm but I also wear it for canyon trips just b/c of extra protection and knee pucks.

I Have Alpinestar TZ-1 jacket and their batpants and 2 pairs of gloves(sp-3 and alloy) and love them..

good quality stuff and affordable prices..

Just picked up my Alpine Black Label Ice jacket about 2 weeks ago. Still pretty stiff but I love the jacket over all. I didnt think preforations moved that much air, but the underarms on this jacket are preforatted and move ALOT of air. Before this I had the ICON motorhead jacket. The whole bottom of the arm had large perforations. Very comfy. The best thing about the ICON was the full sleeve liner and a bit of a baggy fit (for the larger rider). The Alpinestar is a bit more formed though (tighter in the arms). I dont think you can go too wrong with a name brand jacket (remember you get what you pay for). Just make sure you try it on..or in my case I talked to Newenough and told them my size and that a 3XL Motorhead fit pretty good. They were a HUGE help in picking my jacket and have super customer service. Good luck with your choice

Depends upon your budget. If you don't care how much you spend. I'd go with a custom fit Vanson.

Back