Leather jacket

macbusa

Registered
I finally talked the wife into letting me get a leather jacket. I want more protection than my Phoenix mesh jacket can offer.

I want some perforated so I can wear it during the hotter summer months. New Enough has the Joe Rocket Blaster and Teknic Chicane in my price range.

Does anyone have experience with either jacket?

<!--EDIT|macbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1113162229 -->

Sorry cant help you with that one! ...But I use joe rocket gloves and they are of very good quality! I can definetly vouch good about the quality of joe rocket products!

What do you like better?
JR fit me better than Tecnic, but both are good products. But you may feel more comfy in Tecnic. It comes down to personal preference.

I haven't had any luck with Joe Rocket or Teknic. I now wear the Icon Motorhead leather jacket. I love it. It has a low neck and is perforated on the underside of the arms. Air flow is awesome. The leather softened up very nicely, so it is not so stiff and allows ease of movement.

They are both good brands....try them on and go with what fits best.
wink.gif

I haven't had any luck with Joe Rocket or Teknic. I now wear the Icon Motorhead leather jacket. I love it. It has a low neck and is perforated on the underside of the arms. Air flow is awesome. The leather softened up very nicely, so it is not so stiff and allows ease of movement.
Is that the jacket with the skull on the back?

If it is how does it feel in really warm weather?

Check the quality of Joe Rocket gear... single stiching on the seams, for one.. that stuff, IMHO, won't hold up in a crash.. Teknic is better (that's what I wear) but if you want an awesome set of leathers, Dainese is the way to go.. oh, it's pricey, but I don't think there's any better. I think Dainese is kangaroo hide, where most stuff is cowhide... kangaroo is stronger. Just my .02 worth... of course, any leather is probably better than no leather.
wink.gif

Is that the jacket with the skull on the back?

If it is how does it feel in really warm weather?
Nope, no skull on the bike. It is solid black with ICON stamped in the leather across the back where it tear drops.

I was out riding in 70'sh weather (that's as warm as it has gotten here so far...) and it was pretty warm when we were off the bikes, but when riding the air slips right into and throughout the body of the jacket. The perferations on the underside of the sleeves promotes awesome air flow in the arms. It wasn't quite stagnant, like an oven per say, when we were not riding, but it got warm enough that I started to sweat, so I took it off.

I'll be reluctant to buy another JR jacket product after owning a Meteor 4 textile. It held up nicely in a high speed getoff, but prior to this it was falling apart at the seams.Zipper pulls etc were shoddy. The collar was separating.I have some gloves by JR and they are great.
Can't offer much on the leather issue. Congrats on the greenlight.

Back