I need a good windproof jacket liner.

BentValve

Alive & enjoying it!
Donating Member
Registered
Ok, its starting to get chilly out and my leather jacket has too many holes in it, I plan on doing alot of riding this winter so I need a good windproof liner.

I have some rain gear already , I just need a liner to go under my leather jacket.

Vanson Leathers.....Really good quality. I have not one complaint about my Vanson Jacket.. Liner is Great.

Use a Hefty trash bag with plenty of duct tape placed strategically to hold around your body. Also poke a few hole into the backside for ventilation.   This will also work when using as a glove liner or footies.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Serious Dawg, I would recommend just getting a heated jacket liner like I use.
This sucka works perfect with an adjustable heat controller, trust me !

Heres what I use  .............. Click Me !

My .02

Ty

<!--EDIT|Rhythm
Reason for Edit: None given...|1126628160 -->

laugh.gif

Joe Rocket makes a DryTech liner that is wind and waterproof. It's really thin so it doesn't bulk you up with clothing layers and zips into most Joe Rocket jackets. Although it has a soft inner layer, it won't do much for you in terms of insulating you from cold air, but it really owrks under a jacket.

Ed

Not to sound cheap but... uhhh instead of buying something hi-tech and or expensive.

Go to walmart and buy a thin inexpensive wind breaker. Probably about a $20.00 solution at the most and should more than meet your needs

Joe Rocket makes a DryTech liner that is wind and waterproof.  It's really thin so it doesn't bulk you up with clothing layers and zips into most Joe Rocket jackets.  Although it has a soft inner layer, it won't do much for you in terms of insulating you from cold air, but it really owrks under a jacket.

Ed
Like he said- not insulated, but really keeps the wind off of you. If your jacket is already insulated to some degree, this may be an inexpensive fix for you. I can stay comfortable with mine under my Phoenix mesh jacket down to about 50 degrees. Below that I resort to a warmer jacket altogether.

Not to sound cheap but... uhhh instead of buying something hi-tech and or expensive.

Go to walmart and buy a thin inexpensive wind breaker. Probably about a $20.00 solution at the most and should more than meet your needs
I wear one under my leathers and it works fine, but the vest that Rhythm talked about will keep you warm as well as keepind out the wind.

I wear one under my leathers and it works fine, but the vest that Rhythm talked about will keep you warm as well as keepind out the wind.
I have a $10.00 windbreaker that has a white cotton lining on the inside. So it cuts the wind real good and because of the cotton lining it keeps the warmth in.

the joe rocket liner works great, I have it and like Bronc, I can get down to the 50s with it in my mesh jacket.

linky to newenough, $35

Little more than Thrasher's $20 windbreaker but will zip into other jackets should you find the need later. Also has elastic cuffs so its a good fit and a flap over the main zipper to keep water/wind out
cool.gif

Gunnybusa
Rookie

Group: Members
Avg posts/day:1.79

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote (thrasherfox @ Sep. 13 2005,09:55)

I wear one under my leathers and it works fine, but the vest that Rhythm talked about will keep you warm as well as keepind out the wind. [/QUOTE]

Yo, Bent, you mention'd doing alot of riding. Does this include long rides, or short trips ? Also how low of temp do you plan to ride in ?

Doing short rides with temps above 40 degree should be cool with a windbreaker of some sort like the others here have already mentioned, but if you plan on doing long hauls 45 min or more in anything below 45 degree, especially at night the wind chill will validate hands down going with a Heated vest.

The vest I use heats the neck,arms,front torso and back. with all that action you really dont need anything else, but since I'm cold blooded I'll probably be picking up a pair of heated glove liners next.

Anything below 50 degree and beyond 25 miles one way, day or night and I'm doning my cold weather shid.

You know I wouldn'y stir you wrong, Playa !

Ty

super.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
IF YOU WANT TO GO CHEAP AND RELIABLE TRY A POLYPROLENE SHIRT TOP. THEY COME IN BLACK/ MILITARY BROWN. THAT WILL KEEP YOU WARM GUARANTEED. THEY PRICE OUT AT $20 FOR THE TOP. I HAVE BEEN USING IT FOR YEARS AND IT WORKS GREAT UNDER MY LEATHER JACKET.

IF YOU WANT TO GO CHEAP AND RELIABLE TRY A POLYPROLENE SHIRT TOP. THEY COME IN BLACK/ MILITARY BROWN. THAT WILL KEEP YOU WARM GUARANTEED. THEY PRICE OUT AT $20 FOR THE TOP. I HAVE BEEN USING IT FOR YEARS AND IT WORKS GREAT UNDER MY LEATHER JACKET.
[/QUOTE]
umnik.gif

Taichi makes a windstopper jump suit that works quite well. I wear mine underneath my leathers when the temp gets below 60 degrees. I think I paid $135 for mine. They also make a perforated suit which I wear under my leathers in the summer. It keeps your leathers from sticking to you in the heat. Lots of race guys wear them under their one piece suits.

Taichi makes a windstopper jump suit that works quite well. I wear mine underneath my leathers when the temp gets below 60 degrees. I think I paid $135 for mine. They also make a perforated suit which I wear under my leathers in the summer. It keeps your leathers from sticking to you in the heat. Lots of race guys wear them under their one piece suits.
Tuf you got a web site for them?

when it drops in the 40s and 30s i use my northface windstopper linner, its pricey but daum, hey also make a heated liner. comming from alaska and being a cold weather climber(ice rock combo) i will stand by a northfae product hands down.

Use a Hefty trash bag with plenty of duct tape placed strategically to hold around your body. Also poke a few hole into the backside for ventilation. This will also work when using as a glove liner or footies.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Heres what I use .............. Click Me !

My .02

Ty
Ill second this!!!!
beerchug.gif
on the link to GERBING

laugh.gif

Use a Hefty trash bag with plenty of duct tape placed strategically to hold around your body. Also poke a few hole into the backside for ventilation. This will also work when using as a glove liner or footies.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Heres what I use .............. Click Me !

My .02

Ty
Ill second this!!!!
beerchug.gif
on the link to GERBING
I agree that is a cool liner! I meant it's very Warm....

laugh.gif

Hey Gunny, the link below I posted may be the site TufBusa was talking about. They have some pretty nice $hid.

Enjoy !!!!

Click here !

Back