Any good deals on heated gear?

AJAY

Registered
It's starting to get chilly here on the east coast. Has anybody found a good deal on heated gear?

Mostly want one of the jacket liners. Like the new Gerbing's micro wire, but it gets pretty pricey after the controller gets added. The Tourmaster Synergy line looks nice, and includes the controller.

Haven't found a good deal yet, even on bay. Anybody found a deal?

Ask Tim Mayhew (Pashnit) about his line of Powerlet products.

It's starting to get chilly here on the east coast. Has anybody found a good deal on heated gear?

Mostly want one of the jacket liners. Like the new Gerbing's micro wire, but it gets pretty pricey after the controller gets added. The Tourmaster Synergy line looks nice, and includes the controller.

Haven't found a good deal yet, even on bay. Anybody found a deal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Synergy jacket was 179.00 on a website seemed like a good deal for what it is.

Never really shopped for heated gear. :dunno: , never compared. pants were 152.00 and the gloves 134.00

Last edited:
"Wrong" season to be looking for deals on heated gear since winter is here/near for some. Hopefully, some vendors will run a "special" on heated gear.

I been looking for the last 2 months. I get all the emails from different places saying they have the best deals, but they all are in the $179 to $199 price range for a full jacket liner. Gloves are outragous and still really bulky!

Next $400 i have lying around goes to a full jacket and gloves. I'm not holding my breath tho..:laugh:

Next $400 i have laying around goes to a full jacket and gloves. I'm not holding my breath tho..:laugh:[/QUOTE]

wish i had your floor..:laugh:

I've had a Gerbing jacket liner and G3 gloves for years, and they still work well. Just don't have have them plugged it without having the bike running. It will drain the battery fast. I found this out the hard way while pulled over reading a map.

Does anybody out there in Busaland own the Tourmaster gear. $20 cheaper than the Gerbing's and it includes the controller.

Yep, this might make a great Group Buy! (hint hint ;))

Don't regret forking out the money for the Gerbing gloves, underjacket (microwire) and controller...they stand behind their product and man u can drive like toast...hardly ever have to use the electricity to the gloves..but it is there if I need it..the powerlet setup is sweet...hook a connector to each pole of the battery put the pigtail between the tank and the seat and u are good to go...no fuss no muss...

This is a bump just in case anybody has a lead. My research indicates that the tourmaster synergy jacket is the "best buy" because it includes a controller for $179 shipped and the jacket itself gets pretty good reviews. Word is that the controller is not very rugged and that the wires can pull if you're not careful.

Warm & Safe brand makes gear comparable to Gerbings for about the same price, but with better heat controllers. They also make replacement controllers for Tourmaster. W&S gets good marks for service. Note that the Firstgear brand is actually made by W&S and is just rebranded. Not sure, but I think this stuff is American made, which might be enough to kick me over the top with them.

Gerbing's is often considered top of the line, but I'll put it even with W&S based on web reviews. They get top marks for service and offer lifetime repair of the electric parts of their gear. Unfortunately, Gerbings stuff is all made in China nowadays and I'm getting an anti-China bug big time. Would MUCH rather buy American.

Conclusions. Cheapest is Tourmaster. Jacket is fine but don't get the gloves. Probably not the best for the long-haul tourer, but should be fine if you just want to be able to ride in comfort a few times over the winter so you don't go stir crazy. Warm&Safe/Firstgear makes good stuff, as does Gerbings.

Forgot to add, the Tourmaster setup will save you about $100. The other way to look at this is that this is a long term investment. I'm still using winter gloves I bought 25 some years ago!

Back