Icon motorhead jacket

Justyntym

The Pessimistic Optimist
Donating Member
Registered
I'm still fighting with being squidish as I do not own a good riding jacket. Am thinking about the Icon Motorhead (in white)...any body got this jacket, is it any good and is it too hot for Summer??

What would be a good jacket for summer, I'd like to stay with something leather (perferated I guess) with a liner I could use for winter.

<!--EDIT|Justyntym
Reason for Edit: None given...|1148090823 -->

Tried one on and it felt like it would be too hot....but then again here in AZ everything is hot
AAAssjani.gif

i jsut ride with a textile during the summer....... my textile jacket is the matt mladin championship series jacket..... has awesome ventilation and very good protective padding in the shoulders, elbows, and back.

I don't care how smart you are...you going to end up buying 2 or 3 jackets anyway...ask all the experienced riders out there...try to get one for all weather? uhho...
Joerocket make one perforated...supermoto jacket...$350.00, Icon makes one persuit, 300.00...this is far as I know...and in summer? none of the above works...it will make you bleed, try to get some mesh jacket...(got one but it has almost no weigh on it...) not very confident...here is the pic for the jacket...I don't like a fishnet kind of fabrics, but this one have some vent....

00_1_b.jpg

Cannot tell from the picture but textile/perforated/mesh jackets with armor is probably best for hot temperatures (I have a Joe Rocket SANTE FE). Then I have a Joe Rocket 2.0 SONIC (solid leather, insulated liner) for colder temps.

I have the MotoGp 3in1 mesh jacket. So far have ridden from as cold as 20* to 95 degrees seems to cover all so far. Nice jacket and not too exspense. A bit short in length but has some decent armor and better then nothing.

i wear ICON motorhead SKULL jacket-love it to pieces! worn in 30deg weather, up to 90deg-bein black don't help, but it has vents on chest, top of shoulders, lower back, and hes mesh inner to keep leather off you-inside arms are fully perforated too so with liner out, gets plenty of air IMO. has full quilted liner that zips in/out, that thing kept me warm at 80 mph in 30deg weather on the freeway, so that was my winter jacket at all times!

not to mention, my fiancee bought it for me.
hell, i like it so much, I'm buying the new Legion jacket this year! (Big Dragon logos on arms and full removeable liner inside) so yeah, that coat gets two thumbs up from yours truly!
smile.gif

heres a pic of coat-please excuse the big meathead in the pic, my fiancee thought it was nice...but unless u have a rainbow sticker on the back of your car, i'm betting you disagree. But it is a da$% good jacket!

DSC00247.JPG

Wear that one in winter and either get a textile or one of these....

post_6_98821_post_6_93235_fox.jpg

i have the motorhead. just got it. so far so good for spring. lots of zippered vents and perforated on the inside of sleeves. even when removing inside liner might be a little too hot for middle of summer riding...i'd have to see.

joe rocket jackets have more coverage of protection in shoulders/ elbows/ lower back.

I don't care how smart you are...you going to end up buying 2 or 3 jackets anyway...ask all the experienced riders out there...try to get one for all weather? uhho...
Joerocket make one perforated...supermoto jacket...$350.00, Icon makes one persuit, 300.00...this is far as I know...and in summer? none of the above works...it will make you bleed, try to get some mesh jacket...(got one but it has almost no weigh on it...) not very confident...here is the pic for the jacket...I don't like a fishnet kind of fabrics, but this one have some vent....

I've had this jacket since it first came out...... I absolutely love it and it is super lightweight but has the armor inserts. It's a cool style too and I've received many compliments; someone wanted to even buy it off my back for $200 bucks! :bowdown:

holy thread resurrection, Batman! (guessing you missed that he last post was back in '06)

heres a pic of coat-please excuse the big meathead in the pic, my fiancee thought it was nice...but unless u have a rainbow sticker on the back of your car, i'm betting you disagree. But it is a da$% good jacket!

I must agree that is a lovely jacket.Suits my helmet too

I have had my black MotorHead jacket since last summer...
If you take that thicksleeved lining out, and unzip everything including the lower sides, it's fine w/ a tshirt on underneith man.
If you're still too damn hot, it's probably too hot to ride anyways.

I liked the leather jacket with the white skull with the big icon logo behind.Damn it costs $600.:down:

Admit it!!! there is no fiance. Your just trying to audition for the fast and the furious 7!!!:rofl: :poke:

Back