Icon motorhead jacket

Revolution

revolution custom paint
Donating Member
Registered
just got the icon motorhead jacket. this is the '06 model with no white logos on the sleeve.

the jacket is heavy which i understand means good leather. the leather feels thick but plyable/soft. the stitching looks tight, and seems to have multiple stitching.

there's a snap cover for the zipper up by the neck. the sides have a zipper to expand the waist. with the zipper closed there is also a snap to tighten it even more. the back is cut long which is what drew me to this jacket. seems like it will vent alot with all the vent zippers. two on the shoulders, two on the chest, and two on the front sleeves. if i recall correctly there are two along side the back. the sleeves are perforated on the backside.

the armor in the elbows and shoulders seem adequate. i've tried jackets with more/thicker amor in them. the backdefinately needs more foam. it does'nt go all the way down and the foam is not as thick as other jackets i have tried. i will definately be adding some amor to the upper and lower back. other than that i think this is a good jacket.

i had tried on the joe rocket sonic, that jacket is nice all around [not as heavey though]. real good armor in the upper and lower back. i'll definately be getting that one next!

IMG_1074.JPG

Nice leather ......I've been a fan of the Icon skull jacket .....but as long as it's $600 , I'll just be a fan .:(
+1 on the Joe rocket ......it's armor is better than my Alpinestars too .

Jacket looks good! I need to get a winter jacket of some type..... Unfortunately my needs out weigh my income!

That's what I ride. I like it a lot! Especially the little orange accent's since they match the bike and all.
biggrin.gif

I got Icon Burner jacket that looks very nice but does not fit that well and does not have the best protection. Also not having a collar keeps you cooler in the summer but mosquitos have a tendency to fly right in.
wink.gif

I have a Motorhead Skull jacket and like it alot. With the liner in it's very warm in cold weather. In hot weather it's ok as far as ventilation goes. To get the best cooling effect I leave zippers at the bottom of the sleave open and leave the front zipper about 5 inches from my neck. If you bend your arms just the right way you will get a really nice breaze flowing through your jacket.

Back