Who makes Harley's Jackets?

2hip

Registered
I was in the Harley store in Vacaville yesterday and saw a leather jacket that I was just amazed with. Soft, armoured, inner soft liner, other inner next to jacket surface was a wind and water proof layer. This jacket was 600 bucks...Asked a very knowledgable sales lady there who makes Harley's jackets? I told her that the name Harley on the back of my jacket might get me kicked off of the .Org:laugh: We laughed about that. She said different companies make jackets..but she wasn't sure who made this jacket. She thought one of the manufacturers was a company called Fairchild (something). I am asking .Org members who have been around bikes and all of the myriads of information and data streams we consume if they have any ideas who are possible manufacturers of Harley jackets? I want to see if I can chase this down...I loved this jacket...thanks,2hip

Lurch and I wear Harley gear on on the Busa all the time and visa versa. Then again who's gonna give Lurch crap? Besides me of course. Luvz ya baby. :laugh:

The one problem with Harley clothing is the fact that while it is made by someone else, it is designed by Harley for Harley. To be a little more specific, Willy G's daughter is the head designer and head of the motor clothes department. They don't just ask a manufacturer to put their name on one of their products and then sell it as Harley clothing. The ONLY thing that is a Harley product that you can find a generic version of are the helmets. Sorry but if you like this jacket you will have to get the Harley one.

China :moon:

I was in the Harley store in Vacaville yesterday and saw a leather jacket that I was just amazed with. Soft, armoured, inner soft liner, other inner next to jacket surface was a wind and water proof layer. This jacket was 600 bucks...Asked a very knowledgable sales lady there who makes Harley's jackets? I told her that the name Harley on the back of my jacket might get me kicked off of the .Org:laugh: We laughed about that. She said different companies make jackets..but she wasn't sure who made this jacket. She thought one of the manufacturers was a company called Fairchild (something). I am asking .Org members who have been around bikes and all of the myriads of information and data streams we consume if they have any ideas who are possible manufacturers of Harley jackets? I want to see if I can chase this down...I loved this jacket...thanks,2hip

knowledgable sales lady. :whistle:

That's strange, my Harley jacket and vest both say Made in USA and an American Flag on it.. I'm sure there probably are some made in China as well though...

Made outta Chinese Cows?:laugh:

I hope the jackets are made here.

IMO opinon, be american, buy anything you want, but Harley gear should be made here. not to threadjack

I know the jacket, sweet. I lust for one, but won't pay H/D 600.00 for one.

wait about 6 months and then look on your dealers clearance rack.
If it is not there I might be able to get it at my dealer on clearance. The Motorclothes manager is a good friend of mine and she treats me very good. Hope that helps.

wait about 6 months and then look on your dealers clearance rack.
If it is not there I might be able to get it at my dealer on clearance. The Motorclothes manager is a good friend of mine and she treats me very good. Hope that helps.

:thumbsup:

i have harley riding boots, comfy, armored, etc. just took all the harley stuff off, it was all bolted into the sole anyway.

Having a made in USA tag doesn't mean much. There's a company here in town that manufactures electrical components like starters and alternators for cars. The parts are made in Mexico, boxed up and sent here to be dipped in a coating material. Then a Made in USA stamp is put on it and it is sent out the door.

To be considered made in USA it only has to be finally assembled here or contain 20% parts made in USA. They can as most do send the components there to be xtremely cheaply made with zero ins and worker safety and sell it back to you with the made in USA label at a higher cost.. All the while laughing their way to the banks....
What's the diff between a Chinese made Harley jacket and a Chinese made Suzuki jacket............? The guy buying it....:rofl::rofl::rofl::poke:

I do believe even the steel on Harleys now is smelted in the USA from Japanese scrap....so c'mon !

I deal with origins all the time.
You would be amazed at the things that are allowed to be considered made in........wherever !

Back