Bought a zx14 today.

GMbusa

Orange is the fastest
Donating Member
Registered
Damn........ You guys fell for it again. Hehe.
Like i would ever get a 14.

But i am gettin another Kawi ZRX1200 later this year for the curves so i can keep my Busa lowered and extended.

We knew better!
biggrin.gif

No, go ahead and buy one Paul...next time Ben's at your place and STEALS something, maybe he'll take that
laugh.gif
tounge.gif

I saw my first zx-14 today. it sits up higher and seems a bit lighter even though its size is larger. console is ugly as h$ll along with the famed "forman grills". Feels like a true kawi as a used zzr-1200 was there and 10r and they feel the same. 06 busa still was getting more looks. but can you blame it. its good to be the king.

hey when u do buy a ZX-14, make sure u order all your parts thru Creekboy....better yet, let him customize the whole bike.:p

It is a nice bike....or will be once they "stabilize" the platform. You can really hunker down and cruise long distances in comfort on this thing. The instrument cluster is fantastic - the best I have seen on a sportbike. The bike is also roomier - perfect for vertically and horizontally generous...

Good bike? - yes
Busa Beater? - Unless you are a motogp racer or a dragstrip regular - dont apply here!
Buy it? - wait and watch...teething problems will be there for sure!

Aww man! I thought there was yet another bike to add to my victims list.
cool.gif

Just test rode one yesterday at the dealership, and let me tell ya, she aint no joke. After me and my boy pulled up at the dealership for a recall service on his zx10 this cool azz sales guyz starts checking and commenting on my Busa, then out of now where he busted out and asked if I wanted to take a spin on the ZX14. I was like hell yeah (big mistake). I rode the piss out that machine with a smile from ear to ear, red lining it in almost ever gear.  
race.gif

Here she be (zx14), not much to lQQk but she does handle quite nicely !

DSC02918.jpg

Two thugz in the valley Pimpn on a bright sunny monday afternoon !

DSC02919.jpg

that 14 doesn't look too bad. Take off them foreman grills and put on some race plastics and get rid of the headlights, it would look nice.

But you buddy's 10 is SWWEEEETTT!! I'd take a 10R anyday.

Ugly is hard thing to get over. No matter how great the product works.

Just stop it.
I am not afraid.
When you enter the world of street Hyper-bikes.
It always comes down to the rider, and that is one thing I am sure of.

Trust me, i'm not afraid either. I'm 250lbs, 34 yrs old and know i'm not the fastest gun out there. Frankly i could give a rats ass. Most young, lighter guys will walk away from me on literbikes.  On the ZX14, Ugly is ugly, but if you like it then cool.

I'm also hearing from people about how when the busa first came out how everyone thought it was ugly but then got used to it. The Busa IMO was never ugly to start with, it was just a shock to the motorcycle community when it was unleashed to the public. With the ZX this isn't the case, somehow somewhere style was not considered when it was designed. I really think the design was a quickie wind tunnel job just to hurry it to the market probly where Kawi said to the designers "hey, get some good flow numbers and round a few things".

<!--EDIT|GMbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1149642934 -->

I seen one these in person and quite frankly I did not like it at all. Also seen one tricked out but think about it. It would take a lot of money to make the 14 look better (I did not say it would look good) but a Busa you can drop it a few inches, extend the swing arm and it is prime time!! It still looks good just being stock too.

I don't think anyone on the org. would disagree that the bike has power, but a busa beater? To me it would take more than performance #s to beat my busa. I love how it looks, it's shape, and it's TORQUE! ZX14 busa beater? Naaaaa

Back