"BUSA VS. ZX14"

A.S.A.P

Registered
This will go down to Ryda skills and that's the final answer. We all agree that the only reason the ZX12R couldn't hang stock for stock was because of the aerodynamics. This damn ZX14 is aerodynamically ready. We know that kawasaki squeezes in more torque in a smaller motor than suzuki does. So i figure that since Busa's can be no more aerdynamically perfected, we need at least 1400 cc's + experience to take this 14 if it lives up to it's name. This is also my 100 post; WOW
super.gif

Anticipation, it's making me wait, It's makiiing,Waiiiting,Waiiiittiiiing !!!!!!!!!!!
" Carly Simon "
Good Ketchup commercial too.

This will go down to Ryda skills and that's the final answer. We all agree that the only reason the ZX12R couldn't hang stock for stock was because of the aerodynamics. This damn ZX14 is aerodynamically ready. We know that kawasaki squeezes in more torque in a smaller motor than suzuki does. So i figure that since Busa's can be no more aerdynamically perfected, we need at least 1400 cc's + experience to take this 14 if it lives up to it's name.   This is also my 100 post; WOW  
super.gif
With all due respect, how the heck can you post this info up?

1. The ZX-12 is pretty close the the Busa and Yes areos and torque were the downfall.

2. How do you know the ZX14 "Is areodynamically ready"? Did you conduct a wind tunnel test?

3. Kawasaki does NOT sqeeze more torque in a smaller motor just a couple more horsepower. Remember this general rule: Higher RPM gets you more HP. Larger displacement gets you more torque.

4. "we need 1400cc's + expirence to take the 14 if it lives up to its name". Are you assuming "we" don't have expirience? You are also admiting that you don't know if the 14 is going to live up to its name.

5. You shouldn't figure that the Busa cannot be areodynamically improved. Im no engineer by any stretch of the imagination. Replace those mirrors with sleeker ones, narrow the front fender, and slightly raise the screen to divert more air over the rider and I bet you will reduce the coefficient of drag by a few points.

Now thats done with. Please, please don't take this a anything personal or as any type of attack towards you, because its not at all. However we shouldn't make assumptions based non facts or unknown variables.

I think the new 14 will be incredible and it should be. After all these years of reaseach they should have it together. I'd bet they could of done it eariler but wanted to get every bit of revenue they could out of the 12 platform. Thats the exact reason why the Busa has remained the same for all these years.

Congrats on your 100th post.

Guys .... TRUST ME !!!!!

I know what I'm talking about on this one

DON'T WORRY ABOUT THAT P.O.S. 14

The new Busa is all that and a bag of chips ... It won't even be a contest ... No need to even debate it ... A lil birdie told me

Guys ... IT'S ALL GOOD ... NO WORRIES

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
super.gif
thumbs-up.gif

beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

Right on grabntwist! Suzuki will change the BUSA when its title is in true jeoprady. Another factor is the political climate. Politicians will shut down or lobby against more speed and horsepower in a production bike.

I'm sure the ZX14 will be an awesome performer, but will the public take a shine to it's aesthetics? I mean, those gills are unbelievably wrong!
sad.gif
I can't even imagine how modding the thing will help.

I don't understand why Kaw made it so fugly. After all, I think the rest of their ZX line is downright gorgeous.

I'm sure the ZX14 will be an awesome performer, but will the public take a shine to it's aesthetics?  I mean, those gills are unbelievably wrong!  
sad.gif
  I can't even imagine how modding the thing will help.

I don't understand why Kaw made it so fugly.  After all, I think the rest of their ZX line is downright gorgeous.
I'm betting money that the after market Guys are allready got ideas on how to change them nasty looking gills on the zx14... And as far as kawi having bad motors thats just plan bull crap..Kawi motors are just as good as any other motor from Japan ... I seem to remember my GS1000 tossing clutch baskets and bending rods....I have owned every brand at one time or another and i rode them all hard ...They all held up well ...My CBX bent valves ..My Vmax broke 3 gear one time ..My gs1000 tossed clutch baskets ..My gs 1100 broke a rod after 1000 or so passes down the track and my z1900 turbo burned a few pistons ( not Kawis falt) The busa has no problems but rear tire wear...lol...My zx10 has the same problem as the busa ...My zrx1200 has 2000 miles of drag racing and not a single problem but it does use up 003 shinkos pretty fast..
The new zx14 is going to have the same problems as the zx12 and that a lack of go fast goodies .. If they change the Busa a great deal for 07 it will be sometime before the after market jumps in and starts making go fast parts ...

So buy what you want and have fun and remember someone will come along and make something better ..How else are they going to sell you a new bike every year?

Tomas Edison biggest problem was making his new light bulb burn out in 700 hours so he could sell you a new one ...

follow my twisted thinking on this

1) the zx 14 is everything they say it will be,it topples the busa

2) the early release 07 busa comes out and you guessed it topples the 14

3) i walk into the kawi dealer and get a new 14 at dealer cost !!

Guys .... TRUST ME !!!!!

I know what I'm talking about on this one

DON'T WORRY ABOUT THAT P.O.S. 14

The new Busa is all that and a bag of chips ... It won't even be a contest ... No need to even debate it ... A lil birdie told me

Guys ... IT'S ALL GOOD ... NO WORRIES

beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

super.gif

thumbs-up.gif
Cough it up dude... whats the word???
Of course there is a new busa... I have mine about where i want it now. sj

beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

This will go down to Ryda skills and that's the final answer. We all agree that the only reason the ZX12R couldn't hang stock for stock was because of the aerodynamics. This damn ZX14 is aerodynamically ready. We know that kawasaki squeezes in more torque in a smaller motor than suzuki does. So i figure that since Busa's can be no more aerdynamically perfected, we need at least 1400 cc's + experience to take this 14 if it lives up to it's name.   This is also my 100 post; WOW  
super.gif
With all due respect, how the heck can you post this info up?

1. The ZX-12 is pretty close the the Busa and Yes areos and torque were the downfall.

2. How do you know the ZX14 "Is areodynamically ready"? Did you conduct a wind tunnel test?

3. Kawasaki does NOT sqeeze more torque in a smaller motor just a couple more horsepower. Remember this general rule: Higher RPM gets you more HP. Larger displacement gets you more torque.

4. "we need 1400cc's + expirence to take the 14 if it lives up to its name". Are you assuming "we" don't have expirience? You are also admiting that you don't know if the 14 is going to live up to its name.

5. You shouldn't figure that the Busa cannot be areodynamically improved. Im no engineer by any stretch of the imagination. Replace those mirrors with sleeker ones, narrow the front fender, and slightly raise the screen to divert more air over the rider and I bet you will reduce the coefficient of drag by a few points.

Now thats done with. Please, please don't take this a anything personal or as any type of attack towards you, because its not at all. However we shouldn't make assumptions based non facts or unknown variables.

I think the new 14 will be incredible and it should be. After all these years of reaseach they should have it together. I'd bet they could of done it eariler but wanted to get every bit of revenue they could out of the 12 platform. Thats the exact reason why the Busa has remained the same for all these years.

Congrats on your 100th post.
No I haven't conducted a wind tunnel test, but do we honestly think that they wasted time and money knowing that aerodynamincs was the reason for the 12 not catching the busa stock for stock. Oh yeah, if you use sleeker mirrors and narrow the front fender, you have what is called a GSXR1000.

"but do we honestly think that they wasted time and money knowing that aerodynamincs was the reason for the 12 not catching the busa stock for stock."

Who is "we"?

"No I haven't conducted a wind tunnel test, Oh yeah, if you use sleeker mirrors and narrow the front fender, you have what is called a GSXR1000."

What? I dont know what you mean. The Busa is a totally different bike.

"WE" refers to MEMBERS. What am I talking about? The design on the Busa is as close to perfection as you can get so why change it? If it ain't broke, don't fix it just relax and let it roll. I mean afterall, stock for stock noone is going over 186 anyway so it doesn't even matter until the modification begins.

i like my busa -if i wanted a kawasaki i would buy one- if the kaw had 300 horse i still like my busa- plenty fast for me ,not to mention i cant ride it to its potential anyway
im sure the zx14 is faster in every way but it doesnt matter, i like my busa-
for all you 1/4 mile men out there im sure the aftermarket has you coverd lots better than the zx14

i like my busa -if i wanted a kawasaki i would buy one-  if the kaw had 300 horse i still like my busa- plenty fast for me ,not to mention i cant ride it to its potential anyway
im sure the zx14 is faster in every way but it doesnt matter, i like my busa-
for all you 1/4 mile men out there im sure the aftermarket has you coverd lots better than the zx14
THANK YOU!

Back