ZX14's

motogp08

Registered
I know this isn't an incredibly popular thing here...but how many of you guys have a 14 in your garage too? (Or instead of a busa)

What do you guys think of them, (for those of you who've ridden them)?

For those of you curious, I went to the bike shop and fell for the Orange/Black '09 LE. Oh no, the dark side is taking hold...:laugh:

BTW, I'm tredding on this subject very very lightly...:sulk::laugh:

Dude, why care? Buy what makes you happy. Kawasaki makes a fine motorcycle, but it is the second fastest bike on the planet. And of course, we will be glad to give you some friendly ribbing from time to time. Post up some pics when you get her home. :beerchug:

both fine bikes, both can win on any given day.. just a matter of which you like better.. I like the look of the Busa myself.. 14 looks dated to me..

Do you guys still like the color of the new busas? After the '06 red/black, they look kinda dry to me...

I have a 2006 RED ZX14 sitting in the garage and owned a 2006 Hayabusa. They are very very close in performance. Each may have a thing or two that it is better at but believe me, you cant go wrong with either bike. There are a couple of things I dont like about the ZX14 but a whole lot of things I do like. Same with the Busa. The ZX14 is harder to lower (if you want it lowered) as the oil pan drain bolt sits low and can hit speed bumps if lowered. Stock it is fine. You can buy an after market oil pan with the drain bolt move to the rear if you need to lower it. Otherwise the ZX14 is super smooth, fantastic front brakes and super stable. Mine is -1 on the front and it is scary fast. High RPM acceleration is just plain awesome. If you have any specific questions PM me.

I have a 2006 RED ZX14 sitting in the garage and owned a 2006 Hayabusa. They are very very close in performance. Each may have a thing or two that it is better at but believe me, you cant go wrong with either bike. There are a couple of things I dont like about the ZX14 but a whole lot of things I do like. Same with the Busa. The ZX14 is harder to lower (if you want it lowered) as the oil pan drain bolt sits low and can hit speed bumps if lowered. Stock it is fine. You can buy an after market oil pan with the drain bolt move to the rear if you need to lower it. Otherwise the ZX14 is super smooth, fantastic front brakes and super stable. Mine is -1 on the front and it is scary fast. High RPM acceleration is just plain awesome. If you have any specific questions PM me.

PM sent.

Every time I'm at my dealer, I look at both of them side-by-side. The all-black ZX-14 looks pretty nice, in my opinion. I haven't heard (or read) about any negatives on the bike. Good luck :beerchug:

Back