Boss Hog

OB_VegasDude

Registered
Has anyone raced a Boss Hog, you know the harley with a corvette engine in it. I was going to race one but the guy didnt show. I would like some top speed figures, 1\4 mile, 0 to 60 that kind of stuff. My buddy says that he didn think he would go past 160 because he does not go top speed (afraid) too often. I told him not to **** with me cause I'll go as fast as it takes to make him eat humble pie............the wind force on the hog must be unbelieveable. I did race a titan. I was doing about 80 behind a truck and he went by me at about 110. Well i couldnt have that s.h.i.t. so I went into fourth and blew by him at 150 then shifted to 5th to really embarrass his *** ...........I do love to have fun..........

[This message has been edited by VegasDude (edited 01 February 2000).]

I found some info. The article says the boss hog can go from 0 to 100 in four seconds. What can the busa do in four seconds? We were to go from a roll on from about 80 mph. I still think I can take him..........

You race a Boss Hoss? That is a joke, man. Those things top out at about 110-120 mph. They are a really big joke. They don't have a transmission and are straight drive. It doesn't suprise me one bit that he was a "no show." Thanks for the laugh! Boss Hoss...ha ha haaaaaaa haaaaa

VegasDude,you can smoke those bikes no problem.Don't let any of those bikes scare you.Life in the fast lane,I know only a few Harley type bikes that got the go fast stuff on them that would try to race me.No luck when you have the right bike which is the Hayabusa,just look out for the sleeper 900rr with the bottle on the side or the ZX10/11 with the bottle and the extended rear end,they're the bikes I would worry about.

0-100 in 4 seconds and top speed is stated as being unknown. A friend of mine (who's weight is 370+) was considering one and he was told that top end was somewhere in the 120 mph area. That was from a guy that had a display at Bike Week. Oh..my sides are still hurting!! Tell you what...tell the guy you prefer a roll on at 120 mph!!

[This message has been edited by falcon fool (edited 01 February 2000).]

Tell ya what VegasDude, offer him a rematch and you race him with 6,th gear only. From an 80mph roll on he will KILL you. You should catch him about the time he hits the rev limiter. It may be a 1 gear bike but you cant beat cubic inches. :-) Brian

no no its power to weight and gearing.his motor weighs more than your bike.if his motor had alot of work or he had gearing yes he'd win a all out race.but i've never seen one run worth a schit at the track.

If the bike in question has "Popeys" anywhere on it stay away! Mardi Gras is only 5 weeks away from now. You could come over, there is a big bike race in Miss. MG Day!!. Had some big "Players" last year from "Chi-Town" and Memphis Tenn. Cant Wait to see what the players can do with "Busa"s" this year! Maybe the 1'st Hayabusa in the 7's. ???? :-) Brian

Vegas; just tell him you what to race though valley of fire or up to MT. Charleston.
They cant turn worth a s***.
nice rear car tire 4.0 0-100 what with 4 psi in the tire,all they do is burn rubber,I went ridding with one after about 10 miles I said waiting to see if he crashes around a corner s***s and I dont want to try to pick that up. and left the SLOW pack,

Vegas - no problem for the Busa. We've posted 1/4 mile times etc already - check the archives.

A swedish bikemag tested the Blackbird and the Hayabusa and used (as allways) computer equipment to get real data, not indicated on the speedo.

0-100 kmph (62 mph) 2.6 seconds
0-160 kmph (99,5 mph) 5.0 seconds
0-200 kmph (124 mph) 7.5 seconds

Hey todd I wanted only one figure for the busa that was how fast could it go from a standing stop in just four seconds. THe rest of the info was for the boss hog, 1\4 miles top speed, ect.............sorry if i wasnt clear..........

Vegas - Yes that's what I understood you to mean. We've discussed the 1/4 mile and top speed time of the Boss in a thread a while back. We were discussing the writeups in bike mags and how we were surprised it wasn't faster than tested.

Here you go Vegas check this:

Topic:
Boss Hosses! KZZ1 23 October 1999 General Discussion

Kevtec talks about racing and defeating one on his Busa at Sturgis.

Hey thanks Todd, just what I wanted and just as I figured............I didnt think that the hog would go past 160.......Im going to smoke this guy big time............!!

the bike weighs about 1000-1100# double yors so he has to make twice the power if he had your gearing.he don't you will wip him.(you better)

Oh, im going to race him if he shows. I dont think the bike will go past 160. At any rate i will give him a run for his money.

Back